What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
If you boil it down to it’s rawest form like that then £2k for 4.3k miles is quite a bit. But to own a brand new car for 8 months and only lose out on that much money, that’s pretty impressive. I’m sure any other car would’ve lost more than that on day one.

Soldato
vsZzcdp9.jpg

broke it again

initial diagnosis suggests some epic bills ahead as its ecu related

doing rather well on the
Borked car front that’s 4 sitting in the garage atm

omega in for welding
Vivaro in for droplink ball joint service and mot(parts on backorder)
Kuga in for paint and tyres
And the Mondeo in for service and tyres

No wonder I always get a Christmas card from the garage lol

And back on the road for the jag at least

spoke to my mapper on saturday when the breakdown occurred. Replacement ecu flashed to the correct spec on Sunday and arrived for 9am this morning car back on the road for 11

happy days and £100 delivered for a replacement ecu flashed correctly is a billy bargain

Vivaro on the other hand still awaiting a set of handbrake cables not in stock even at Vauxhall

Kuga dropped off back along with the mondeo though

Caporegime
If you boil it down to it’s rawest form like that then £2k for 4.3k miles is quite a bit. But to own a brand new car for 8 months and only lose out on that much money, that’s pretty impressive. I’m sure any other car would’ve lost more than that on day one.

Pretty much all niche cars that have massive waiting lists have that outcome. I remember a pretty similar story when the Focus Rs and Mustang were launched.

Soldato
I sold my Model 3 Performance today after exactly 8 months of ownership.

I paid £52,990 for it and sold it for £52,500 through a dealership on a 'sale or return' basis which put £50,700 back in my pocket. I think that's a very good outcome on a brand new car since if I had bought anything else I would have almost certainly lost many, many more thousands on it.

I'm glad that I experienced 4284 miles in a ridiculously fast and great handling BEV, but it would take a lot of convincing for me to get back into another Tesla. I'm very curious to see what the Germans have to offer in the years

That’s not a bad outcome is it, certainly would be a lot worse in 99% of cases. 4% loss even if you went back to the dealer the next day would be impressive.

Man of Honour
The ARB bushes in the FN2 looked a bit tired so had them changed. New vs old:
ILXPYZ.jpg

I just did the same job. Like yours, mine were badly cracked, and I was doing the drop links (again :rolleyes: ) so it made sense to do them at the same time. Nice easy job, literally 5 minutes a side to do the drop link and the ARB bush once you have the wheels off.

Hardrace poly bushes:
Civ1.png

Drop links:
Civ2.png

And then I spotted this, which rather spoiled my mood :|
Civ3.png

Soldato
Serviced, MOT, brake fluid changed, cambelt changed and most importantly, the issue with the turbo charger was fixed. Fortunately didn't require an entirely new unit, the actuator had seized so they've replaced just that part. So good to have the car running at normal performance again.

Soldato
As per the GT86 thread, today I replaced the rear wheel bearing on my car. **** doing that again. As ever, one of those jobs where I think "Oooo! I can manage that myself and save a few bob!", then end up spending more on tools to do it than I would have spent on labour getting someone else to do it.

Nevermind. Done now.

Soldato
Fixed the condenser/ac pipe that was causing a leak. Bit of a ball ache but managed it in the end...although in the process I managed to break the rubber pipe for the washer jets :mad: looks a royal pain to replace so I’m going to attempt to join the 2 ends together instead.

Associate
Filled it up with coolant. Warning light came on as I got home so checked and there was none in the engine bay reservoir at all. No idea where the hell its gone, ended up having to put about 3 liters in to get it settled at the max line. Will keep an eye on the levels over the next few weeks.

Caporegime
On the subject of alignment, I found out that the only adjustable thing on a standard E30 is front toe. Thats it. The rest just is where it is and you can't do anything about it. :p

Its having new wheels and AD08R's put on soon as well as AVO Race coilovers, and I dont want to run the natural camber when lowered, so im having the rear subframe modified so it has camber and toe adjustment plates and eccentric bolts, and the front is having GAZ billet top mounts which let you adjust camber and caster. So it will be fully adjustable. :)

Back
Top Bottom