*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Reminds me I must revisit this at some point. Left my Anaconda parked out on the western rim of the Galaxy a couple of months ago and haven’t been back to it. May dust it off this evening and get a few more KLY towards Beagle Point.

Is there a FAQ on what this Odyssey add on will bring?
All that seems certain is that you can walk on planets and there will be cactii!

Soldato
I backed ED in the kickstarter, played for a while and did some missions, conflict zones, exploring, got a Cobra 3, got horizons and then other things took my interest and I haven't played since 2015. I decided to have a play with some of the new things recently. I've always wanted to fly round the sol system, land on pluto etc but never got the sol permit so I'm doing some Federation missions. I'm wanting to do the engineers for the boosted modules but it does seem a lot of faff, plus it doesn't seem to work like it does in all the youtube videos any more. Plus there are Guardian modules, do you just go straight for those and bypass engineers?
If you want an easy way to improve your gear the guardian modules are a good shout but the gear won't match properly engineered stuff
The exception is the guardian FSD booster. That is a module you fit in your ship alongside your FSD so it's affects are additive.

Unless you like PvP you don't have to engineer , and certainly not fully. Indeed engineering allows you to almost break the game by being too OP for PvE stuff.

That said the FSD booster is always worth an upgrade as is the engine upgrade (dirty drive upgrade I prefer to clean,) and a level 1 upgrade to your power plant can be nice

Level 1-3 stuff is easy with no real grinding. Level 4 and 5 is when it takes longer.

Associate
If you want an easy way to improve your gear the guardian modules are a good shout but the gear won't match properly engineered stuff
The exception is the guardian FSD booster. That is a module you fit in your ship alongside your FSD so it's affects are additive.

Unless you like PvP you don't have to engineer , and certainly not fully. Indeed engineering allows you to almost break the game by being too OP for PvE stuff.

That said the FSD booster is always worth an upgrade as is the engine upgrade (dirty drive upgrade I prefer to clean,) and a level 1 upgrade to your power plant can be nice

Level 1-3 stuff is easy with no real grinding. Level 4 and 5 is when it takes longer.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to dabble with some low level engineering. PvP in ED is not for me.

Associate
I fired ED up for the 1st time in a year. Wow, so much change to process. Looks like I've got most of the morning looking on YouTube for guides. I've still got 500 million credits or so and an engineered Corvette to play with.

Associate
Seems like money is easier to get now. I've racked up about 7mil doing some surface scans and missions. Got nearly 1 mil from scanning the founders world planet.

I was offered a planetary scan job so I thought I would try it out. Got there and shot down some skimmers but the turrets started shooting up my SRV and ship so I had to get out of there fast!

Soldato
Seems like money is easier to get now. I've racked up about 7mil doing some surface scans and missions. Got nearly 1 mil from scanning the founders world planet.

I was offered a planetary scan job so I thought I would try it out. Got there and shot down some skimmers but the turrets started shooting up my SRV and ship so I had to get out of there fast!
That's pocket change compared to what you can get by mining.

Soldato
I've had this game from very nearly the beginning, so how is it that I've only just found out about the inbuilt supersampling settings? I run it at 1080p and It looks very good, but using the supersampling slider at 2x to render it at 4K makes it looks amazing.

Soldato
I haven't played this for months, i've literally forgot all the keys!!!

Remember spending hours watching videos on how to play the game effectively.

got a anacoda, mined every single night till i could upgrade it properly and then left it. The markets balancing kinda knocked everything off whack abit so was confusing what i should mine i remember.

Associate
I haven't played this for months, i've literally forgot all the keys!!!

Remember spending hours watching videos on how to play the game effectively.

got a anacoda, mined every single night till i could upgrade it properly and then left it. The markets balancing kinda knocked everything off whack abit so was confusing what i should mine i remember.
So for you, mining is the game so far? Doesn't sound that fun to me. Or is there a fun part you're planning to do with your pimped Anaconda?

Soldato
So for you, mining is the game so far? Doesn't sound that fun to me. Or is there a fun part you're planning to do with your pimped Anaconda?
Was planning on doing some quests and actually working towards another trade but i lost interest lol. PVE was also another element i looked towards but again i lost interest too soon before i took it on....

Back
Top Bottom