Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Soldato
He shot and killed someone who would still be alive if he hadn’t decided to go out larping and antagonising people. He then ran away from some people who were trying to apprehend him and shot 2 more people

You can’t just go out trying to trigger people, shoot someone who you successfully triggered and then play the victim, that isn’t how it works.

Soldato
He shot and killed someone who would still be alive if he hadn’t decided to go out larping and antagonising people. He then ran away from some people who were trying to apprehend him and shot 2 more people

You can’t just go out trying to trigger people, shoot someone who you successfully triggered and then play the victim, that isn’t how it works.

Antagonising people vandalising and rioting, who then proceeded to physically attack him? Heaven forbid he did that.

Soldato
Rittenhouse was also illegally possessing a firearm.

Rittenhouse was also charged with possession of dangerous weapon by someone under the age of 18. Authorities allege Rittenhouse used a Smith & Wesson AR-15 style .223 rifle.

Under Wisconsin law, Rittenhouse, who is 17, was too young to legally posses the rifle he was alleged to have been carrying as he confronted protesters.

The police who just stood by and gave him tacit approval to continue what he was doing will have a lot of questions to answer.

Man of Honour

I don't know the ins and outs of it - and maybe he did antagonise them I dunno but the videos show a crowd going after him before he shot the first person - even when they were aware he had a gun some were threatening him with violence and trying to attack him and hedged him into a situation where he would have felt his life was threatened. At the very least they are all as crazy as each other.

Second shooting he was running towards the sirens - no need for anyone to actually try and lunge for him like they did - if assuming their intention was to bring him to the law all they needed to do was keep him running down the street towards the flashing lights and sirens.

Soldato
Welcome to post 1

Your point? People are trying to paint the kid as some gun loving saint who was just defending himself and had every right to be there apparently.

Except that entire premise is wrong.

Castle doctrine apply when you are breaking the law and confronting people with an illegal rifle?

Man of Honour
Sorry not following the thread so dunno if it has been mentioned - just seen the videos showing the press tagged people, etc. where the injured are making sure they get a pose with the cameras before medical attention :s what a messed up situation.

Soldato
Why are people defending him so much? Or course he was attacked, of course they tried to take his gun, he’d just shot and killed someone. (The video clearly shows he sits up and shoots the 2nd and 3rd people, it wasn’t accidental discharge).

Would these people have defended that terrorist on the bridge in London (the one who was stopped by the guy what a Narwhal tusk) if he had killed one of the guys trying to stop him? Of course not.

I’m sure they would be saying the exact opposite if it was someone with different political beliefs to them doing the shooting

lol, imagine comparing someone running AWAY from confrontation like Kyle was initially as shown in the video.... to someone randomly stabbing people to death. You seriously need to take a look at yourself.

Caporegime
OP
Your point? People are trying to paint the kid as some gun loving saint who was just defending himself and had every right to be there apparently.

Except that entire premise is wrong.

Castle doctrine apply when you are breaking the law and confronting people with an illegal rifle?

Castle doctrine is irrelevant here (save for possibly the first one as they were there on behalf of the business owner).

It’s not needed though as he didn’t stand his ground using deadly force to defend the business, he retreated and was simply defending himself using deadly force.

Soldato
Even if that is a Molotov cocktail, it's not lit and hence is no threat.

Please stay factual. The video evidence given in the link I provided shows that it was lit. Did you watch the video before claiming it wasn't lit?

Someone chasing after you isn't necessarily a threat to his life. Even if he grabbed his gun, which isn't clear, he'll have a hard time arguing it was a threat to his life imo. Also how could he shoot him if his gun was grabbed?

Again, please stay factual. The "Threat to life" justification you use repeatedly is not the only justification to invoke Self Defense. As shown in the US "Self Defense definition" I provided, it says that a person may "When the use of deadly force is involved in a self defense claim, the person must also reasonably believe that their use of deadly force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's infliction of great bodily harm or death" - so if the shooter sees an action which they "reasonably believe" could inflict "great bodily harm" to them (and not solely a "threat to life" as you've posted) then they can "claim" Self Defense. However at that point it is now up to the Police to investigate, the DA to prosecute and finally the court & jury system to make the final decision on whether that "claim" is actually justified, which is correct.

So in this case, as per my initial post, in every case where the shooter fired he can say that he "reasonably believed" an action which could inflict "great bodily harm" to him was about to occur, allowing him to make the Self Defense "claim", at which time the above mentioned investigation, prosecution and courts then take over to see if the "claim" was actually justified.

How is the man who is following him with a gun any greater threat than himself following the group with a gun?

Again, please stay factual. I have never said that "man who is following him with a gun" was a "greater threat" than the shooter himself was so I'm confused as to where in my post you believe I've stated or implied that the "pistol" guy was a "greater threat" than the shooter. If you could explain what made you think I said that I'll gladly clear up any misunderstanding.

You're also ignoring the vigilante premeditated nature of the crime. He went to an area where he knew there were protestors with a killing machine in order to intimidate and threaten them.

Once more, please stay factual. You said that I'm "ignoring the vigilante premeditated nature of the crime..............." which is given as a statement of fact. It is not, it is only your opinion of the event and not a fact. Your opinion hasn't been proved to true or false in a court yet so please try to remember not to confuse opinions with facts. Regarding my "ignoring" of any alleged vigilantism, I specifically gave my opinion about it in my last paragraph and gave the reasons why in my opinion I didn't believe it was a vigilante case but as mentioned above, my opinion is also just an opinion and not a fact, however I haven't phrased my opinion as a direct statement of fact i.e. I have said "I think he......" etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned, I've very happy to debate but please stay factual when making claims otherwise the discussion is useless.

Caporegime
OP
Rittenhouse was also illegally possessing a firearm.

That isn’t clear, he might have been, in which case that misdemeanour charge could hold up. He might have a defence for it via his older brother being a guardian (according to witness on the radio interview).

Regardless of that, it doesn’t prevent him from being allowed to defend himself with it.

Caporegime
OP
Please stay factual. The video evidence given in the link I provided shows that it was lit. Did you watch the video before claiming it wasn't lit?

I’m not sure it does. It seems to be a bag containing a bottle (or maybe a brick or something?).

It’s not particularly important though - main thing is that he was being chased by someone trying to physically attack him and - he was trying to avoid the attack and got cornered.

Associate
Looked at the breakdown videos (NY Times I think), all looked like self defence to me.

Everyone there is just as stupid as each other, no sympathy what so ever.

Soldato
If your going to post in any thread.
At least read the whole thread first.

I've read the entire thread. Is that a point that should be left alone because it has been mentioned previously?

It's a very important point that shouldn't be buried. It paints a picture as to what was happening on the day.

That isn’t clear, he might have been, in which case that misdemeanour charge could hold up. He might have a defence for it via his older brother being a guardian (according to witness on the radio interview).

Regardless of that, it doesn’t prevent him from being allowed to defend himself with it.

This day did not start at the point he was supposedly defending himself.

The US is a country which has laws like felony murder.

Caporegime
OP
This day did not start at the point he was supposedly defending himself.

The US is a country which has laws like felony murder.

Yes, those are two correct and fairly generic statements. The concept of time exists, the day didn’t start at night time and the US is a country with laws.
I’m not sure what they add to the thread though?

I’m not being funny but if you’re going to quote a post then at least make an attempt at discussion.

Soldato
That video is pretty enlightening. I can't believe the attitude of some of those protestors (some seriously antagonistic and violent quotes in there) but kudos to the ones trying to de-escalate.

Who honestly brings their kids up allowing them to think burning down mom & pop stores and the local gas station is acceptable. Maybe they don't understand the concept of private business - or maybe they do, given it's a very AntiFa-like crowd. They do, after all want to dismantle capitalism and so on... :rolleyes:

I could understand targeting municipal buildings to make a point of protest but beyond that I'm confused. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
That video is pretty enlightening. I can't believe the attitude of some of those protestors (some seriously antagonistic and violent quotes in there) but kudos to the ones trying to de-escalate.

Who honestly brings their kids up allowing them to think burning down mom & pop stores and the local gas station is acceptable. Maybe they don't understand the concept of private business - or maybe they do, given it's a very AntiFa-like crowd. They do, after all want to dismantle capitalism and so on... :rolleyes:

I could understand targeting municipal buildings to make a point of protest but beyond that I'm confused. :rolleyes:

Many of them are being manipulated, their prejudices preyed upon, for other people's agendas. The last few years, but 2020 especially, has reinforced for me just how lacking self-awareness is in general.

Back
Top Bottom