What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Camber bolts are the easiest way of adding some adjustability to MacPherson setups. Im not quite sure how effective or reliable they are though, any comments on that Jonnycoupe? I've been contemplating adding some to my 850.

Soldato
I always was gonna try on my insight but never got round to it.

Depends if the hub is connected to the shock with the two bolts that gives you that adjustability or a single pinch bolt that simply grips the shock cylinder and hence you can’t adjust as the camber is controlled by the strut angle (Where top adjustable mounts are what you need)

Soldato
Mines the two bolt setup, so I presume I could change camber angles by putting a camber bolt on the top position. Not terribly sure how accurate they'd be but I would imagine some adjustability would be better than none.

Associate
Oil and filter change
Coolant flush
Expansion tank change
Cabin and air filter (doesn't count really)

For a first timer, all went well.

Man of Honour
New calipers, slider pins and PBS pads :

dPQqFa.md.jpg

Soldato
private road has taken its toll as always on my old but nice Fabia both wishbone bushes were destroyed so got 2 new ones complete with bushes ,ball joint ect ,also the console bushes (maybe try powerflex one day) also both drop links as the noise was doing my head in ,oil and filter £33 from main dealer ,ive tried mann filters and others but the real ones seem more a resin than a paper (maybe someone knows an oem thats as good ?) anyway used my trusty sealy oil suction device (i did 270k miles on my last fabia if anyone doubts there effectiveness)
but i had an issue with the immobiliser when warm i.e light wouldnt go off ,car wouldnt start after looking at the possible causes and cost i have had an immo delete instead

Associate
New calipers, slider pins and PBS pads :

dPQqFa.md.jpg

Very nice. Mine came with PBS front pads as well. Some will say they are good from cold as whenever I got back in the FN2 from the family bus, it's head through windscreen time but I find them a bit too grabby so it's tricky to heel toe. Other complaint is brake dust. My alloys look like they need a clean every time I come back from a drive.

When they wear out, probably go for something like red stuff which should suit my driving style a bit more

Soldato
A couple of little bits on the Polo. :)

RamAir PRORAM panel filter
(no pics)

Racingline Turbo Elbow

Racingline Turbo Muffler Delete

Racingline DSG paddles

And hopefully a new Remus exhaust but not until October. :(

Soldato
ACtC-3dAbC0JQJO-iUeV7orvJAZ5wBIo8FVJpDSYSDk04xAflVTGS57v9FCrWN-8A8B4hRcfEZ1xlfdwaZ_tHcRAgsJM6AqhKGTQvGEC1DPDGRlP_a0zvcdtKY9air8DyGyyMuPTABLmvBXHfcsoX4cBPBT6=w727-h969-no

Go me - 11 minutes over because of queues and waiting for things to be brought out from the warehouse that were not on display.

Do I ignore it or appeal? :)

Couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone at the store all week, but glad to say I went in on Saturday and they have stated that they will cancel the fine, no fuss, no hassle. I just provided them with my receipt for proof that I had been in the store during that time.

Now let's hope I don't get any chasers in the post!

Don
Coded some fixes for annoying things into the M135i today. Digital speedo now present, auto stop disabled, head unit switches off when door opens etc, few other things.

Got some cosmetic things in the post, trying to keep things subtle but really like to get rid of any chrome bits for black to keep the white/black combo going. Not really going to change anything engine/exhaust related.

Man of Honour
Very nice. Mine came with PBS front pads as well. Some will say they are good from cold as whenever I got back in the FN2 from the family bus, it's head through windscreen time but I find them a bit too grabby so it's tricky to heel toe. Other complaint is brake dust. My alloys look like they need a clean every time I come back from a drive.

When they wear out, probably go for something like red stuff which should suit my driving style a bit more
I really like the initial bite, but you're right - my calipers are already looking dirty after about 20 miles from all the brake dust.

They also squeal like mad!

Associate
This massive beast arrived from the states yesterday, just waiting on the other one now. Also machine shop has my head finished. It's on way back to engine builder to get it all back together.

IMG-20200831-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200831-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200831-WA0003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom