Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Are these any good? Have you had one before?

Do they make drinks comparable to Coke/Pepsi? Or are they more for fizzy water?

I had one many many years ago and loved it.

It's more for the rest of the family - my wife drinks wine and soda, my youngest drinks sparkling water and myrmy eldest likes orange fizzy drinks like Fanta (she likes the water this produces with Robinson's cordial). This will pay for itself very quickly with the added bonus of reducing the amount of plastic bottles we go through.

Not tried the flavours / syrups yet but there are a number of brands about and some are supposed to be very close to the big brand fizzy drinks - also going to give the tonic flavour a go too

Soldato
This will pay for itself very quickly with the added bonus of reducing the amount of plastic bottles we go through.

How many litres of carbonated water does a gas bottle produce ? I usually just use the 17p bottles of Morrisons saver carbonated water to have with either some Rocks Lemon cordial or Vimto (or both), usually get through 4 bottles a week so about 68p, I would like to cut down on plastic waste though so curious how much "tax" I would have to pay to be a little more environmentally friendly, I presume it will carbonate water without needing any of the syrups so I can just make my own fizzy water and add to the cordial I already use ?

Soldato
I remember the flavours back in the 90s being a bit naff. I'd quite like fiizzy orange and soda water on demand though. Up until recently I've been drinking way too much coke zero too.

Soldato
How many litres of carbonated water does a gas bottle produce ? I usually just use the 17p bottles of Morrisons saver carbonated water to have with either some Rocks Lemon cordial or Vimto (or both), usually get through 4 bottles a week so about 68p, I would like to cut down on plastic waste though so curious how much "tax" I would have to pay to be a little more environmentally friendly, I presume it will carbonate water without needing any of the syrups so I can just make my own fizzy water and add to the cordial I already use ?

The soda water we were buying was quite a bit more expensive and we wernt using a full bottle each time so we're throwing away some and then went onto smaller bottles which were more expensive and more waste .....

The 60l canister gives 60l in theory but can be more, or less, depending on how fizzy you like the water. One of my kids likes it very fizzy but the other not so much so if it evens out at 60l the canisters can be had for £15-£16 after a quick Google so roughly 26p per litre

Yep you just carbonate the water then add the cordial / syrup as you would from a bottle you bought

Soldato
Cheers for the info 26p a litre isn't so bad, might have to look into getting one when there's a good deal, I guess the added bonus is instead of leaving a plastic bottle in the fridge for a few days to lose fizz you're always getting full fizz

Soldato
Lol they were very colourful iirc :D

They are meant to be a lot better now - will give a few a try in the coming weeks I'm sure .....
Yeah please let us know - the old stuff looked like nuclear waste from Sellafield :D

Might invest in one myself if the cola and orange is good!

Soldato
That's purely out of the box, there will need to be some tinkering to be done, that was a check it works and hope it's not broke test. It doesn't help that my photography skills probably make it look worse than it is, and that anything from the 21st century would be amazing to me as I haven't owned a TV in a long time.

For SDR you'll probably want to use ISF Expert either bright or dark. That should be a lot more accurate out of the box. Then you can just tinker with OLED light a bit to raise or lower the brightness.

It will look a bit odd at first as it will be using warm 2, but take a bit of time to adjust to it in a film or two and you'll appreciate it more, and it will stop looking odd.

Back
Top Bottom