Recommend me some open back Bluetooth headphones

Associate
Currently using my ageing Sennheiser HD555's. They've served me very well for years, but the trailing cables are quite tiresome.

Ideally I would like to upgrade to a pair of bluetooth over ear headphones, but I don't want to go to a close back design. They will be used for PC primarily, with 50/50 use between AV and games. I use a mod mic at the moment too, so would like the option to make my mic wireless. Whether that be included on the headset or via a separate wireless mic.

What are my choices?

Soldato
I've got a pair of 555s that are in pieces at the moment as I try to fit a removable cable. If you did the same you could then pair with one of the BTR range from Fiio.

If you didn't fancy modding, my daily drivers are Fidelio X1 which have a removable cable as standard. A more U-shaped sound than the 555 but still that amazing open back soundstage.

The X1/X2 have been on sale for less than £100 on several occasions.

Associate
OP
I've got a pair of 555s that are in pieces at the moment as I try to fit a removable cable. If you did the same you could then pair with one of the BTR range from Fiio.

If you didn't fancy modding, my daily drivers are Fidelio X1 which have a removable cable as standard. A more U-shaped sound than the 555 but still that amazing open back soundstage.

The X1/X2 have been on sale for less than £100 on several occasions.

That could well be an option. Maybe I could mount the adapter to the chair or headset somehow. Seems quite cumbersome but definately looking into it.
Do you have a guide you're using for making the 555s detachable? Or Just having a go yourself.

Back
Top Bottom