Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Any tips on getting alloys clean guys? Used Iron x to get all the brake dust off not too long ago. They are completely caked in brake dust again. Is there some sort of seal / wax that can go over to stop this happening so soon?

Associate
You could ceramic coat them with something like GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour.

I've done so with mine and I top up with Polish Angel Supersport PTFE wheel coating.

I never have to use strong wheel cleaning products now, just a variety of brushes to get right into the spokes and inner barrels. The dust still come just as quickly though, they're just easier to clean now.

Soldato
What equipment and/or products would people here recommend for a car that has been professionally ceramic coated?

I've been out of the car cleaning scene for a few years but with the X3M being delivered next month I'd like to look after it.

I currently have no cleaning products or equipment other than a pressure washer!

Soldato
One thing I’ve wondered with snow foam is can you leave it mixed in a bottle if you don’t use all of it? I cleaned my car yesterday and I only filled the 1L Lance bottle half way. Even with foaming the car twice (pre-wash & post-decontamination) I still had a fair amount left.

Seemed a waste to just pour it down the sink but I wondered if leaving it in the bottle for a week or two would render it useless anyway.

Soldato
One thing I’ve wondered with snow foam is can you leave it mixed in a bottle if you don’t use all of it? I cleaned my car yesterday and I only filled the 1L Lance bottle half way. Even with foaming the car twice (pre-wash & post-decontamination) I still had a fair amount left.

Seemed a waste to just pour it down the sink but I wondered if leaving it in the bottle for a week or two would render it useless anyway.
I did have mine clog once and had to disassemble it and clean it. Try to use it up now just in case. Has only done it once, can't remember what foam I used.

Associate
You don't need to use up all your foam up to prevent it clogging. You can just unscrew the top and put the stem in some clean water and run it through to clean it out.

It should really be done after each use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom