Kuno the super dog.

Soldato
...wearing night vision glasses, Kuno charged through a hail of bullets to take out an Al Quaeda insurgent and changed the course of the action...working with the SBS...Kuno is to be awarded the Dicken medal.

Kuno now retired and rehomed had life saving surgery having been shot in both back legs and now wears prosthetics part time.

Some old soldier eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53949310

Caporegime
One of my favourite things about Britain (England? dunno) is your recognition of animals server in wars (which is obviously by no means meant to detract from the soldiers as well ofc). The monument on Park Lane is absolutely lovely.

Associate
One of my favourite things about Britain (England? dunno) is your recognition of animals server in wars (which is obviously by no means meant to detract from the soldiers as well ofc). The monument on Park Lane is absolutely lovely.
Totally agree. Lovely looking dog until it's running at you and would scare the bejebus out of me :)

Permabanned
Great to see recognition of man's best friend serving gallantly. The number of horses that died on the battlefields of World War 1 was horrific, we don't recognise the help animals give to mankind nearly enough. It's also horrific that service dogs are often put down in the land where they served, rather than brought back home. I much prefer dogs to people these days, and applaud any recognition they get for their service, either in peacetime or war time. Another great shame is the UK Kennel Club has allowed the German Shepherd to be so grossly deformed to meet ever shifting show standards they can no longer function as a working dog, and our military have to either have their own breeding program or use the Belgian Malinois.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The thing is for a dog to have served like that is winning the lottery for them. Much better than sitting on the window sill for hours on end and pooing in the back garden.
Surely there has to be a happy medium between sitting on a windowsill and having your paw amputated due to bullet wounds sustained within intercontinental warfare?

Soldato
is it bad that what's intriguing me is how the hell do you get a dog to wear night vision?
images

Back
Top Bottom