Jacob Blake

Soldato
The major problem IMO for the US police is how readily available guns are. When everyone could be armed, if somebody escalates the situation it's always fight or flight for their officers, where at least one person will generally end up being seriously injured or killed. Him strolling back to the car there could mean he's about to grab a weapon of some sort. In that situation, after the previous scuffle and the call out, you ain't letting the person do that.

Removing the arsenal of guns that so many people have there, means you could remove the 'shoot now, ask questions later' style they appear to have adopted.

Soldato
Accused, not been to trial as I understand it. Unless you think that anyone accused of rape should be killed without trial.
Also if he was out on bail in america for that, it suggests the police really weren't worried about him as they'll lock you away pretrial for months or years if they have any doubts, or even if you just can't afford a few thousand dollars for bail for a minor crime.

I don't know anything about this case but usually, they don't turn out to be the next Gandhi, they usually have a criminal record as long as your arm, who cares really in that instance

Trump really needs to get tuffer on crime

Caporegime
Id follow the police officers demands and take my chances being less shot.

I wouldn't just walk around my car and reach inside for my glove box 9mm....... #whatacopthinks

Idiot deserves to be shot.

The fact he is/was black just makes it delicious for the interesting times we live in.

Commissario
I don't know anything about this case but usually, they don't turn out to be the next Gandhi, they usually have a criminal record as long as your arm, who cares really in that instance

Trump really needs to get tuffer on crime
"Usually they have a criminal record as long as your arm" - it's amazing how often that gets trotted out when the police kill someone who was unarmed when they shoot them, it's almost like being a criminal of any kind should be a death sentence in some people's mind.

Aye he should. He should put himself in prison for those charity and university frauds and not be pardoning his criminal chums who did things like threatened witnesses in federal cases.

Soldato
Moral of the story is this, if the police have their guns drawn on you and are telling you to stop then you do not walk away and reach inside your car.

Couldn’t agree more. He’s a scum bag and always will be.

That said, 7 shots is a bit excessive, one in the leg to stun him perhaps. The mother is cashing in on it, 2.1 million dollars on the go fund me page.

Soldato
Only option seeing all the black community are innocent, is simply have the police withdraw there services complety in those areas.

Caporegime
"Usually they have a criminal record as long as your arm" - it's amazing how often that gets trotted out when the police kill someone who was unarmed when they shoot them, it's almost like being a criminal of any kind should be a death sentence in some people's mind.

Aye he should. He should put himself in prison for those charity and university frauds and not be pardoning his criminal chums who did things like threatened witnesses in federal cases.
Alternatively, people pre-disposed to criminal activity are more likely to have negative outcomes when engaged by the police?

Caporegime
I think whether he actually had a knife on him is irrelevant tbh. He was a violent criminal who reached inside his car and could well of have had a gun in the minds of the officers.

Commissario
He was a POS that did not obey the police officers. Serves him right

Like this guy?
IIRC he's been charged for "resisting arrest" despite the fact until the officer drop kicked him he wasn't, and it turns out they attacked the wrong man (they thought he was someone with a warrant out but didn't bother to check before attacking).
I guess he should be lucky that he wasn't summarily executed for having had some speeding tickets in the past, or a pen knife in the car.

Soldato
A black alleged "rapist" or alleged sexual assualter (technically he'd previously "raped" the victim by forcably penetrating her with his finger, in front of their child)

Ah hah the alleged but did rape.

while still wanted by police(outstanding warrant for sexual assault, domestic abuse) and stole her keys... he goes outside, police arrive and there is a scuffle, they scuffle with him on the grass at the rear passenger side of the car, then he pulls the knife and they get back from him, they try a taser... doesn't work...then he goes around to his car and opens the door - from the POV of the officer (given this is the US and guns are everywhere and he's only just pulled a knife on them) they don't let him go any further and shoot him 7 times in the back as he reaches into the car.. no gun is found.

Guy has an arrest warrant. Police show up, guy resists arrest, pulls a knife and escalates things further

RTD3v6R.png

Perhaps an officer could have taken a greater risk with the presence of a knife and tackled him...

4c0fzUR.jpg

I think she would rather have a son that wasn't paralysed for the rest of his life...

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Soldato
Like this guy?
IIRC he's been charged for "resisting arrest" despite the fact until the officer drop kicked him he wasn't, and it turns out they attacked the wrong man (they thought he was someone with a warrant out but didn't bother to check before attacking).
I guess he should be lucky that he wasn't summarily executed for having had some speeding tickets in the past, or a pen knife in the car.

I'm not sure what your point is in this thread Werewolf, you seem to think the Police aren't a group of individuals but are just "all the same". It doesn't make any sense. There are bad Cops and good Cops just like in any organisation. There are many more good Cops than bad Cops, America is a big country where millions of people have interactions with Police every day without issue. If you obey instructions in the VAST majority of instances your interactions with Police will be fine. This man had a warrant out for his arrest and completely ignored multiple Police instructing him not to get into the car. A car can be used as a deadly weapon, it can contain a gun or any other weapon, they can't afford to for him to start shooting or driving the car at them before they stop the threat. Why doesn't he just comply with them, what's his goal here? To get into the car, then what? He KNOWS they have a warrant for his arrest, he's surely only trying to get away or access a weapon?

Caporegime
OP
Like this guy?
[...]

Not really no, I mean you’re cherry picking outliers, this is exactly the point made before. He isn’t lucky for not being summarily executed, being shot by the police is a rather rare event and in most cases tends to involve being an armed and/or violent criminal... as per the case in this thread (which incidentally didn’t result in the death of the suspect).

Soldato
Even if you do as they say in the US, you're likely to get shot.
A few years ago ...
So not likely at all. As if it was a common occurrence as you're implying your example would be from yesterday. Or last week. Not a few years ago.

If you do as you're asked I'm 100% sure you're very very very very unlikely to be shot. And that is a fact. Really bored of all the sensationalism not just the press but everyone in general.

Caporegime
OP
I think she would rather have a son that wasn't paralysed for the rest of his life...

Perhaps she would also rather have had a son who didn’t abuse his ex girlfriend nor sexually assault said GF in front of her grandkids and later, again in front of her grandkids, turn up at GF’s home armed with a knife...

But it’s all those nasty police officers fault when they get called to sort out another situation caused by this character and struggle with him, have a knife pullled on them, try to taser him... then end up shooting and wounding him.

But sure, let’s think instead of the mother.

The alleged sexual assault victim might on the other hand be reassured that her abuser who later turned up with a knife is now in a wheelchair mind.

Associate
In this case I think the polices actions were justified. The main problem the US has are guns. Police have to be like this because of them

I think these BLM supporters should concentrate on all the innocent black people stopped by police. They would get further. I'm sure there are lots of examples.

Back
Top Bottom