Looking for a work monitor

Associate
I'm currently using a 24" Asus pro art monitor from about 6 years ago. It's fine for the small amount of gaming I do on it but I find myself getting eyestrain from the computer after working all day. Its a full HD monitor and I think I'd do better with a higher resolution.

For the distance I'm sitting away from it I think 32" will be too big, is there anything worth having under about £400 in 27" that would be good for office work (mainly spreadsheets) and the occasional game?

Associate
£400 would seem like an excessive amount to sped on a monitor for mainly just spreadsheets. The eyestrain could be from just the constant use if your using a basic panel and blue light bleed. You will find a higher resolution monitor will natively fit more on screen as text size will be smaller, meaning you would have to zoom. in the spreadsheets.

A quick read up suggests a curved monitor would help reduce strain, and IPS for the better viewing angles. OCUK have no started stocking Gunnar antiglare glasses - havent looked into them in detail myself but a combinstion of the below well under budget

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £300.40 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

There are also some "Eyecare" monitors on the market too.

Soldato
I've been happy with every Dell Ultrasharp I've had over the years including the U2715H I'm using at the moment.

If I was replacing/adding to it I'd be buying the current equivalent (U2719D) which would be well within that budget.

At 27" 2560x1440 QHD works really well for business tasks. The extra space is useful and the resolution isn't so high that you need to start scaling the display to avoid things getting too small.

Man of Honour
As above I tend to fall back on the Dell Ultrasharp range (27" 1440p) when it comes to productivity - unfortunately not something OcUK stocks extensively. The U2719D reviews very well though personally I prefer a higher refresh panel, even for productivity tasks, even if it means a little reduction in IQ.

Back
Top Bottom