• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3070 > 2080TI?

Soldato
If true I promise to be converted to Nvidia for life and take every opportunity to spread the good word of nvidia!

Well, at least until the 4070 is out.

:p
I remember you've been looking forward to this moment for a while. I hope the 3070 is your bag - price & performance & that your preferred 80's game is included on crashing. I hear it might be pacman this time, instead of space invaders :D.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I remember you've been looking forward to this moment for a while. I hope the 3070 is your bag - price & performance & that your preferred 80's game is included on crashing. I hear it might be pacman this time, instead of space invaders :D.
Yeah I have been. It is about 6 months later than I predicted. But that has not been a problem due to all the games I wanted play being delayed.

Good news is at least the RT you kept going on about when buying your 2080 will be actually working this time and not mean that turning it on equals FPS to take a huge nose dive :p;)

Soldato
Yeah I have been. It is about 6 months later than I predicted. But that has not been a problem due to all the games I wanted play being delayed.

Good news is at least the RT you kept going on about when buying your 2080 will be actually working this time and not mean that turning it on equals FPS to take a huge nose dive :p;)

Oi :D.

Soldato
Glad I waited is all I am saying. Did not miss out on anything waiting either :p:D;)
Likewise, I'm still glad I went for only the 2080 for first installment of RT :). Was nice getting a taster even if most of that was in the flawed BFV implementation. I played some of Metro on the MS game pass but looking at continuing that later. And only recently started Wolfenstein Youngblood. Not been gaming much for a while. Only other games I can think of I've played are the two Farcry 5 based games (FC5 and New Dawn) which of course don't use RT.
In fact I should probably skip this generation,at least to start with, unless some specific new RT hungry games pop up that I really want to play.

Soldato
Do we have any estimation when AMD will reveal their next GPU lineup?
Haven't seen anything on the AMD subreddit, I'd imagine that AMD will release their next generation cards after Zen 3 and the new consoles so probably sometime like March next year would be my guess.

Caporegime
I would be surprised if the 3070 ISN'T around 2080ti performance. It will be a massively disappointing generation if not.

With no competition, it will likely be expensive though (£450-£500)

Soldato
The leaks seem to suggest the 3070 is by far the least power hungry card of the 3 made "public" so far. Actually a realistic wattage for a lot of people.

Depending on the price and capability, could be a winner.

Associate
Soldato
Lol bad luck whoever shelled out for a 2080ti.

You got absolutely mugged by Nvidia. It did nothing during its time and is now made obsolete by a card costing less than half the price.

Back
Top Bottom