**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks, was wondering if samsung pay would work if you had a non Samsung phone, or if you had a snapdragon version which didn't support samsung pay..

Depends on the csc of the phone and if that countries csc has samsung pay . As long as you can install Gear manager on the phone it samsung pay will work on the watch

Associate
Had mine just over a week now, loving it. Had my charger and controller turn up today as well. I've even had a few occasions where my battery has lasted two days. Even now as I type this after a fair bit of use, I'm on 66% battery.

Associate
Had mine just over a week now, loving it. Had my charger and controller turn up today as well. I've even had a few occasions where my battery has lasted two days. Even now as I type this after a fair bit of use, I'm on 66% battery.
Yeah my battery is settling down, I would never have the phone screen on for 7 - 8 hours in a day but over one charge I get that and probably 2 days usage, I've not finished the day on less than 60% battery yet which I could say the same for the Note 10+ that I traded in, but with the extra camera features and 120hz screen, yeah, I'm not complaining just yet :)

I was pondering over the Moga controller or the Buds live, I would probably have used the controller for some PC games though as I don't game on my phones but eventually chose the buds and I'm not dissapointed.

Permabanned
Yes my battery is better now. I have installed Naptime and Package Disabler Pro to further help as well.

Anyone gone for the 45w charger?

Associate
I didn't think the ultra supports 45w?

It doesn't. I had imported an EU pin 45w official Samsung charger for my Note10+ last year (they simply never released a UK one that I could see, was never in stock, so didn't seem to exist).

Note 20 Ultra charges at 25w using it.

Associate
25w max on the Note20 the Note10 was 45w but we are talking 10 mins difference

Defo not worth the money. i watched quite a few comparisons. 45w was not that far ahead tbh. defo not worth the extra money for sure. i know my s 20 ultra charges really quick with the included charger.

Also the way it is going if you sell a phone make sure to only include a standard charger since it looks like from next year phones will come without chargers in the box.

Soldato
Has anyone seen issues with the camera on the S20 Note Ultra? The pictures just seem very blurry and not focused at all. I've tried everything, I heard some people didn't like the camera on the new lineup but this is terrible.

Associate
Definitely need to spend more time on this camera but I've had some damn good pics. There are a few threads on this on other forums and to explain better ill take an extract from L0n3N1nja over at Android Central forums.....

The larger image sensor combined with the large F/1.8 aperture creates a depth of field that is more shallow than any other cell phone to date. The camera looks and behaves more like an actual camera than traditional cell phone cameras.

When you take an image close up that depth of field becomes even more shallow, anything that isn't within that narrow plane of focus becomes blurred naturally. Taking a photo of something flat like your tablet screen the center point of focus is closer to the image sensor than anything towards the edges which is why they look out of focus.

The regular Note 20 and the S20/S20+ don't use the large image sensor found in the S20U/N20U which allows the depth of field to be greater allowing more to remain in focus when you take a close up image.

Associate
Had my Ultra a couple of days now, got it direct via Samsung on the upgrade program. Brilliant phone so far absolutely love the screen! Battery life seems a little inconsistent at the moment but it does say it is still learning so I will let it slide for now.

Anyhow, any tips/tricks that you guys have to share regarding the phone? Any accessories that people recommend? I am all ears!

Soldato
Had my Ultra a couple of days now, got it direct via Samsung on the upgrade program. Brilliant phone so far absolutely love the screen! Battery life seems a little inconsistent at the moment but it does say it is still learning so I will let it slide for now.

Anyhow, any tips/tricks that you guys have to share regarding the phone? Any accessories that people recommend? I am all ears!

If you used smart switch to transfer your data from your old phone, check the app location permissions on the s20, on my s20+ it defaulted most of them to be on.

Associate

Had mine for a couple of weeks now & the battery has settled down fine. Give it time to get through the learning curve.

It's a fantastic device.

Associate
Could you elaborate on the improvement please?

For the first week my battery was tanking big time. I was at 30% by 1pm. I tried a full Hard reset but it was the same, so uninstalled apps but it was the same. So I though well I have 30 days to return it I'll bear with it.

After about a week the battery settled down & now after 2 weeks the battery last all day no problem.

Back
Top Bottom