Condensing Tumble Dryer and Washing Machine

Soldato
Ok, after a tumble dryer. Condensing one. Not too costly.

What are your recommendations.

Currently hanging clothes on an airer with a dehumidifier on.

Got to buy a new washing machine too. Was looking into a combined machine but people say they dont dry properly?

Associate
We recently got a Grundig Condenser dryer from Currys with a 5 year warranty. Seems to do the job well. It's out in the garage though so we don't hear it. If you have room I would get separate, the ability to wash and dry at the same time is quite useful.

Soldato
I didn't have room in my old house for a washer and a dryer so I went with a combined. It was a bosch one and worked very well. The key is not to over load it. I liked the fact it had a timer on it so you could wash and dry during the night. The only issue was it would not let you select the 'low' heat setting to dry during the night (i.e when washing and drying) so it shrunk a few things that couldn't take the heat. I just used the timer for towels and bedding. Clothes I would wash in the night then dry on 'low' heat when I woke up.

Soldato
Got to buy a new washing machine too. Was looking into a combined machine but people say they dont dry properly?
Was in this situation a week ago myself. Decided against the all in one dryer/washer mainly because everything I've read says that the drying whilst good, is still no match for seperate machines.
I looked at the top of the range Samsung and LG units and still some of them quoted 4+ hours for drying... Ridiculous!
As ahenners says above the ability to wash and dry seperately (we're a family of 3 (3yr old) is extremely useful. Otherwise I'd have to wait 5/6+ hours in somecases to put the next load on... No chance! I suppose if you're on your own it would be ok.

One other issue i saw is that the machiens are quoted as 9kg/6kg so meaning you can wash 9kg but only dry 6kg... Wtf. Can only fill the machine 2rds it's capacity in order to dry or have to take out washing to dry... Rubbish tbh.

Personally I think they still have a way to go before I'd consider one.

I have a non-condensing Beko tumbler at the moment still and whilst it may not be the most A+++ efficient unit it dries quickly and fairly efficiently.

Soldato
If your going to use the drier a lot I'd suggest a heat pump one, they take longer to dry stuff than an ordinary heater condensing drier and you have to be meticulous with filters but they use far less electricity.

Associate
If your going to use the drier a lot I'd suggest a heat pump one, they take longer to dry stuff than an ordinary heater condensing drier and you have to be meticulous with filters but they use far less electricity.

I got a Samsung heat pump last year and live it.

Drying times are actually quite reasonable and the lower heat doesnt shrink clothes

Soldato
I have a AEG condensing dryer and although it gives you a drying time some times it will turn off when sensing the clothes are dry - Things like washing on line then it starts to rain so shove them in dryer and it might finish in 30min instead of 2 hrs it says on the screen.
Had it ten yrs now and it 's been fine - - We do not thrash it though.

Soldato
Had a Bosch dryer for years. I think £350 gets you all you need. I've had to fix a couple of things with it but generally very reliable. The combined machines are too much of a compromise. If space is an issue then consider of you can stack them. Stacker kits are cheap and the Dryers aren't too heavy to get up and down if you need to. Both our machines are in a cupboard upstairs. Had a Bosch washing machine aswell but it gave up this year and got replaced by a Samsung.

Soldato
I've got a Samsung combination - no issues. Not everything goes in the dryer as it causes bad creases like any dryer so 9kg in for a wash. Take out shirts, trousers and running stuff. Then 1.5hrs in the dryer so everything is just a little damp so it dries without creases on an airer.

Soldato
Ok, after a tumble dryer. Condensing one. Not too costly.

What are your recommendations.

Currently hanging clothes on an airer with a dehumidifier on.

One thing to note due to tumble dryers can cost a fortune to run if you use them a lot

My last tumble dryer which was a Condensing one was 2300watts to 2600watts peak

My new heat pump dryer is only 800watts
Lhgf7Yt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom