• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Birthday Graphics Card Problems

Associate
Hi all, I got the Birthday deal graphics card back in march and it was a lucky replacement for my old card which had a water cooling failure on the integrated AIO.

I now have an issue with the RX 590, firstly, it is showing a red led on the VGA section of my EZ DEBUG LED on my motherboard (MSI B350M Mortar)

Secondly, it is artifacting. It started doing this a couple of months ago and I realised that the gigabyte aorus software was causing it at the time, so I uninstalled it and it worked fine. Jump forward to now and the graphics card appears to be faulty and dying.

At this point, am I looking at a replacement card? I have just replaced a hard drive that failed, my brother thinks that a faulty PSU could be the cause of both?

Soldato
Looking up the board manual the EZ LED for the card indicates its either not detected or its failed.

Looking at this it looks like the card is on its way out, you could try the following

- Make sure your on the latest bios.
- Try another HDMI cable\Port on gpu
- Try another monitor\TV
- Re seat the gpu, give it a clean etc
- Try another PCI slot in the board (if possible)
- Reseat gpu power cables (both ends if modular)

If the card was new just do a RMA quest, Do you have another PC you could try it in? if the fault follows the card then that will deffo show the card is at fault

Soldato
At this point, am I looking at a replacement card? I have just replaced a hard drive that failed, my brother thinks that a faulty PSU could be the cause of both?

That card certainly looks to be dying.

An interesting point regarding your PSU given something else recently died. Is it the Super flower in your sig? I have seen several cases over a couple of years now with people having major issues with these psus. Though i am not saying that is whats happening here.

What temps has the card been running at?

Have you manually overclocked it? do you have auto overclocking software on? if so i would lock it to it's natural boost clock or even below to see if it becomes stable.

Associate
There is an option on the AMD drivers to do a clean install. Do this and see if you have the same problem. If you still have the same problem after the clean install RMA the card

Last edited:
Soldato
It could be the PSU but doubtful.
Try the card in another PC and see if it's still b0rked.
Worth getting it RMAed either way

Back
Top Bottom