** World of Warcraft : Shadowlands **

Associate
I still think its linked to raid progression. Everyone I've spoken to in beta is a mythic+ high key or mythic+ raider. Either way, high achievement points and cutting edge achievements galore.

I've got the beta and i didnt really play much of the last expansion. i have played every expansion and played every beta though so might be why i got access.

Soldato
Other than streamers and bleeding edge raid teams getting them, it's just completely random. I always do at least AoTC in raids, and sometimes clear some of mythic (this last raid tier I've done around half of it). I've had a rolling 6 month subscription for a long time, I have the physical collectors edition of every Blizzard game/expansion they've released one for (incl. Starcraft and Diablo, and the WoW 20th anniversary CE), I've played mostly since launch back in 2004, and other than getting a beta invite back in 2004 for vanilla, I've had no other beta invites for expansions. I know people who don't even raid or run m+ keys that got invited to beta on the first set of invites.

Soldato
I've got the beta and i didnt really play much of the last expansion. i have played every expansion and played every beta though so might be why i got access.
I remember you, we played in the ocuk guild back in tbc and wotlk

You were always telling us off in the raids lol :)

Soldato
got back into this, leveled by warrior from 80-120 now leveling each character (12) from 100 to 120

not sure ill do all of them working on my druid right now 2 good days should be able to do 100-120 quite easy done 6 levels in afternoon with no buffs

Soldato
May take a look but likely will stay in classic... last two expansions have been so bad it’s hard to imagine this one being Earth shatteringly better!

Soldato
Legion was amazing

Sorry, can't agree with you there. WoW has been on a downhill slope since MoP, that was the last expansion that improved on the previous. Legion was an absolute mess class design wise, with uninteresting raids and dungeons, and kept a lot of the rubbish from WoD that nobody wanted but chucked out all the half decent stuff.

I know WoD gets tons of stick but really i'd kill for a raid of the quality of Blackrock Foundry at this point.

Soldato
Other than world quests (which is still a thing) I agree. It was may favorite expansion since Lich King.

Fairly excited. Need to figure out what to main now.

I thought Legion was the best expansion since WOTLK myself.

There were some issues, titanforging was/is a garbage mechanic and the RNG elsewhere such as legendaries was infuriating at times.

Overall I found it a lot of fun.

Cataclysm was passable, MoP lost my interest entirely and was the first expansion I skipped, although in hindsight some of the raids were solid and I'd have liked to do them when they were relevant. WoD I returned for the back end of just to get characters ready to jump into Legion, horrible experience outside of a couple of raids. The current BFA is by far the worst expansion the game has ever had as far as I'm concerned.

TBC > Wrath > Legion > Vanilla > Cata > MoP > WoD > BFA.

Obviously different people are going to have different views.

Associate
I'm torn on playing this. I've played every expansion to date, so chances are, I will, even if it's just leveling and playing through the initial content. I usually enjoy playing through the initial quests and the levelling experience but soon get bored with the constant grind. Been playing Destiny 2 recently, which is obviously quite similar but at least the combat is more enjoyable.

Associate
I'm torn on playing this. I've played every expansion to date, so chances are, I will, even if it's just leveling and playing through the initial content. I usually enjoy playing through the initial quests and the levelling experience but soon get bored with the constant grind. Been playing Destiny 2 recently, which is obviously quite similar but at least the combat is more enjoyable.

I think they are moving towards less of a constant grind in SL as this was a common complaint. No more AP, thank god.

Soldato
Glad to see the announcement, been unsubbed for almost a year so definately having that itch to return.

Im guessing the pre-patch will bring in the level squish, levelling revamp and class changes so it should be a good time to get back in and see whats what. Think ill main horde this expansion, i really need to find an active guild tho last 2 expansions ive played pretty much solo or in pugs and thats gotta be part of the reason why i burn out quickly.

Most of my Horde toons are on Chamber of Aspects with my Allys mainly on Moonglade but not against moving to another realm if i can get a nice community to join. Always love the early months of a new expansion cant wait

Associate
I've not played any content past TBC. Been on off leveling a shadowpriest to 60 on classic and been enjoying just taking my time with it. The level reset has piqued my interest when I read about SL and I'm tempted to give it a shot. I realise it will be a completely different experience. What do I need to get started? Can I just buy the SL expansion or do I need to buy any of the previous expansions too?

Soldato
Thought pre patch was dropping today, alas, it has not. :(

Oh well, timewalking is up, I have two toons 111ish I wouldn't mind levelling so at least I can get that done before prepatch which I assume will be next week?

Back
Top Bottom