Fortnite HWID ban options

Associate
Hi I trying to help my 13 year old son who has had his HWID banned in Fortnite due to using an aimbot. He realises he's been totally stupid, so no need for any lectures on the merits of cheating. He has a HP Omen PC (not IP banned) and he can't play on any Epic account. Fortnite really is his life so he's lost without it. We've tried appealing to Epic to no avail (I understand why). Can anybody suggest a technician who could replace parts to avoid having to buy another PC? We live in south Manchester. I've read a lot on it and it seems that the motherboard and hard drives will need to be replaced. Many thanks

Man of Honour
Depends how the HWID was generated which can be different system to system depending on what the game can gather data wise. He will also need a new copy of the game and account.

All you can do really is change stuff out and see what works - as if it can't gather an ID from one bit of hardware it will use another to generate a rough picture of the hardware setup.

(For instance if you had 2 network adaptors in the system one integrated on the motherboard and one an add-in card it might have only used the ID from one of them and not necessarily the active one you were using to play the game).

Soldato
The motherboard CPU and SSD would be the most likely things that need replacing, maybe have a look on fornite forums/Reddit for people who were in a similar position and what they did to get around it.

You could always try a grovelling apology letter to epic admitting that you broke the rules but learned your lesson and will never do it again etc unless you tried that already.

Caporegime
If you could circumvent the HWID ban, the ban would be pretty pointless no?

Just sell the laptop and buy another. Or use it as a life lesson.

Associate
OP
Many thanks tried that already but they won't budge, seems harsh for non competitive recreational players, but I understand why they need to eradicate cheating. My options at the moment are to buy him a new PC (waste of money) or new parts but I'm not skilled enough to do this myself.

Soldato
If this was my kid I'd expect him to just suck it up, it's not as if people aren't aware of the consequences of cheating in Fortnite. By buying him a new PC or spending a lot of money on new hardware to circumvent the ban, what is he learning?

I know this might sound harsh but as a parent myself it's what I would do under the circumstances, though if it wasn't his fault I'd be doing everything I could to help.

Associate
Many thanks tried that already but they won't budge, seems harsh for non competitive recreational players, but I understand why they need to eradicate cheating. My options at the moment are to buy him a new PC (waste of money) or new parts but I'm not skilled enough to do this myself.

He got what he deserved for cheating and ruining the game for other players, I wouldn't call his gameplay "recreational" but rather malicious. Nonetheless HWID usually is just HDD/SSD and USB devices connected at the time of the ban. You can RAID 0 the drives and unplug the USB devices to get rid of a HWID ban. If not replace the drives (shouldn't need to replace CPU/GPU etc).

Personally I would leave him Banned and let it be a lesson that cheating does not get you ahead of the competition, if however you decide to help him out you might as well buy him a HWID Spoofer whilst you are at it because he will be back to cheating in no time.

Man of Honour
You could always try a grovelling apology letter to epic admitting that you broke the rules but learned your lesson and will never do it again etc unless you tried that already.

Doesn't work - otherwise anyone could cheat and then try and weasel their way out of it.

Soldato
Hi I trying to help my 13 year old son who has had his HWID banned in Fortnite due to using an aimbot.

Good i respect their decision, nobody wants to play with a cheater.

Fortnite really is his life so he's lost without it. We've tried appealing to Epic to no avail (I understand why).

Not to sound like an absolute **** here but maybe if Fortnite is his life then it may be time to look at extra curriculum activities. Does he do anything other than Fortnite in his spare time? Because and lets face it. Fortnite time is now spare time.

Associate
Realistically at minimum the motherboard will need to be replaced along with a reinstall of Windows. Including parts I can't imagine anyone would really be able/willing to do that for less than £150 or so? At 13 I can't imagine he will be paying for it either?

This is a free game we're talking about, it's not his life. Whilst I don't want to give parenting advice here you really have to look at the situation. Tell him to grow up and move on.

Back
Top Bottom