**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Unless theres a fighter squadron underneath me over the ocean No idea what this is lol

Wind Farm maybe?

ajDmn1M.png

IkHx2eb.png

Looks like an offshore wind farm.

Getting to grips with the King Air now, done a couple of island hops in the Pacific, and finished up chasing the sunset from Inverness to Benbecula.

Needs to start learning how to set up approaches properly rather than just going point to point and manually taking over.

Associate
The past 2 days I've had two mates come over my house and I have gone to a few locations they have been on Holiday the Gold coast in oz and New York and they where completely blown away by the detail ! My friend even got his phone out to show me his footage and it was spot on ! obviously not as detailed as real life but its pretty close , this game is amazing , I've generally just been flying out one airport and then letting the co pilot fly me to the next location and I've just been enjoying the views lol ! odd way to play I guess but I've been enjoying it.

Associate
I need a Joystick, just tried my first training flight and I crashed using the keyboard. :D:D:D

In terms of graphics settings the game decided on Medium.

Spec is a 3700X AND 1080TI

I purchased a Thrustmaster T1600M for this (and the upcoming X-Wing game) and couldn't be happier. Plenty of buttons (5 on the stick + a hat controller, and 12 on the base) and a decent built throttle. I'm not going full sim with a seperate throttle etc. but would highly recommend this joystick.

Out of main city areas, I can run it on ultra (1080p) with a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16GB, and AMD RX 5700 graphics card.

Soldato
There's a clicking sound all the time while I fly planes. Anyone got an idea what it is??

Its not an overspeed indicator. Managed to turn it off by muting instrument sounds but ideally want them on.

All planes? It sounds like you’re describing the trim wheel adjusting itself. I haven’t tried all the planes yet but the 747 makes that noise. The single engine piston aircraft I’ve spent most of my time with don’t though.

Soldato
The past 2 days I've had two mates come over my house and I have gone to a few locations they have been on Holiday the Gold coast in oz and New York and they where completely blown away by the detail ! My friend even got his phone out to show me his footage and it was spot on ! obviously not as detailed as real life but its pretty close , this game is amazing , I've generally just been flying out one airport and then letting the co pilot fly me to the next location and I've just been enjoying the views lol ! odd way to play I guess but I've been enjoying it.

Once we're at cruise altitude I quite often read a book and enjoy the views. It's really relaxing. You get the nice part of flying without the uncomfortable seats, crap food and airports :E

Man of Honour
Supposedly this runs OK at medium on an Intel Hades Canyon NUC... so I’ve dug mine out (been using it as an UNRAID Server) and I’m downloading as we speak.
Won’t be great but at least gives me the chance to try it before I decided to invest in a new-build for gaming.

Once we're at cruise altitude I quite often read a book and enjoy the views. It's really relaxing. You get the nice part of flying without the uncomfortable seats, crap food and airports :E

And actually going anywhere, which is kind of the point of travelling lol.

Soldato
And actually going anywhere, which is kind of the point of travelling lol.

Travelling is not fun*. Especially on airliners, via airports.

Being in new and interesting places is fun :D These two things are not the same :p

*ok some train and boat journeys and particularly nice road trips are fun. But flying sucks. Even in business class, it's just slightly less of an obnoxious experience.

Man of Honour

Being in new and interesting places is fun :D These two things are not the same :p

*ok some train and boat journeys and particularly nice road trips are fun. But flying sucks. Even in business class, it's just slightly less of an obnoxious experience.

Have to agree; I’ve travelled Business Class a fair bit in the last 12 months and all it really means (On BA anyway) is free food and drink and less queuing!!

The train I can get used to though; I just wish I wasn’t in Edinburgh; I’d love to do train across Europe but the 4.5 hours from Edinburgh to Kings Cross first is a pain!

Agreed, flying is not fun unless you are the pilot or very drunk or both.

Back
Top Bottom