• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
He had booked the day off originally until the time got closer and the rumours of the silly prices came about which made him realise he will need to do overtime again to build up that pot so he is not left behind on old tech while everyone is enjoying the shiny new 3000 series :D:p

Haha, being serious for a sec hats off to anyone who does this. Working harder to buy whatever you love is admirable.

I'm going to have to hussle, I want PS5, RTX 3080 and Xmas coming soon xD.

Associate
Yeah £/perf sucked for the 2080ti (and yes I have 2 of them but only paid half price second hand, 3 months old for them) and if it wasnt for the fact I got these so cheaply, I would have never have upgraded from the 1080ti gen.
I did something similar, sold my 1080ti for 500, which is the same as what I paid for it. Then got a 2080ti for 700. So performance upgrade was inline with the price paid. Hopfully wont lose too much selling it. But if not, it's been cheap gaming anyway.

Associate
Not a criticism of you (hate the game, not the player, etc) but this is why nV have to maintain 60%+ profit margins. Shareholders, yo.

Shareholders can drive a company to the verge of madness, thinking not of their customers nor their employees, but the eternal quest to keep the shareholders happy.

Examples abound in the real world.

Absolutely, trends of society. Sad as it is we can't stop the tide. I'm just preparing for that £1500 + price. I will pay it and never think of it again!

Soldato
£500 aint maintstream; not too long ago that was top-end pricing :p Or 2nd from top at least.

£200-£300 is mainstream.

And entire console for £500 is mainstream :p

£500 isn't mainstream...

The 3070 should be £350 - £400 for me to be 'happy' with the price.
Eeew not console..

In 2020 in the PC Space £500 is mainstream. We can all dream about 5-10 years ago but reality check guys, it's 2020 xD

An RTX 3070 at £500 would be a decent move by Nvidia, assuming performance and features are strong.

Soldato
Does anyone know the YouTube channel that this will be on?
You can add it to your Google calendar from the countdown page with all the dets. Annoyingly I forgot I'd be on a call that I host until 530 so will likely miss a chunk. Will have it on mute on 2nd monitor, so might be an interesting call for my guests depending on how loud the pricing makes me gasp

Caporegime
Eeew not console..

In 2020 in the PC Space £500 is mainstream. We can all dream about 5-10 years ago but reality check guys, it's 2020 xD

An RTX 3070 at £500 would be a decent move by Nvidia, assuming performance and features are strong.
If "mainstream" means "mid-range in the current line-up" then that's one thing.

"Mainstream" to me means what casual gamers/budget gamers are actually buying en masse.

Arguably two different things. The 3060 might be a £450 ish "mid-range" card but would it be mainstream?

Caporegime
He had booked the day off originally until the time got closer and the rumours of the silly prices came about which made him realise he will need to do overtime again to build up that pot so he is not left behind on old tech while everyone is enjoying the shiny new 3000 series :D:p
LOL. I genuinely do need to boost my pot though and you are quite correct about OT being needed to do that but Covid has killed that and figures are down for the year :(

Back
Top Bottom