• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Oh great, Now we have CPU game exclusive features

Soldato
As if GPUs wasn't enough to consider when buying a game, now we have it for CPUs too.

Marvel Avengers has 3 graphics effects locked away that only becomes enabled IF the game detects that you have an Intel CPU in your PC.

it doesn't even appear to be performance related, as long as it detects any Intel CPU those graphics features become enabled

https://wccftech.com/marvels-avenge...o-feature-intel-specific-optimizations-on-pc/

Soldato
Intel really is getting desperate to be making deals like this.

The game looks like garbage anyway thankfully so I'd have been skipping it regardless.

Soldato
As if GPUs wasn't enough to consider when buying a game, now we have it for CPUs too.
People are kidding themselves if they don't think this is going to happen in the GPU space even more as well when intel try and give people a reason to buy their GPU's.

Associate
That's pretty low, both for intel and the game maker. Arbitrarily disabling features is hardly consumer protection. I could see this sort of thing being on shaky legal ground.

Man of Honour
From all accounts the game is garbage any way - but there seems to be no actual feature set dependency for these features so also a garbage move and people shouldn't buy the game on principle if they care about the bigger picture but sadly most won't think like that.

Caporegime

Marvel Avengers has 3 graphics effects locked away that only becomes enabled IF the game detects that you have an Intel CPU in your PC.

it doesn't even appear to be performance related, as long as it detects any Intel CPU those graphics features become enabled

https://wccftech.com/marvels-avenge...o-feature-intel-specific-optimizations-on-pc/

They have done this before, Grid 2.

Let them waste their money, it not going to make a difference, they are going to become obsolete in about 2 months.

Soldato
What a joke.

Why not do something positive for your users instead of locking out features for those that use other hardware.

How about a free game every month, yours to keep forever, but it'll only launch on an Intel CPU. Might make some think twice about switching to the red team if they have a little library of games locked to Intel. Everyone seams to be throwing free games around these days so I would imagine someone the size of Intel could afford it.

Associate
This reminds me of when Intel were sued because their compiler, ICC, emitted crippled code for non-Intel CPUs. They were sued for that and lost, but the only penalty was that they had to say that they were crippling other CPUs. I guess that means this is all fine and legal, since they are quite clear about what they are doing here.

Back
Top Bottom