• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Calm down Jensen. The new leather jacket is in the bag; we both know this.

Telling consumers to shut up and get their wallets out is fine, but don't expect too many to agree with you (those who don't have nV shares, that is).

I'm not the one losing my mind over prices, especially when no one knows the performance yet.

You're clearly not the target market for the halo product, so concentrate on the '050 range fella I expect there to be excellent performance/£ there ;)

Soldato
You must be feeling really healthy after 2 months of that... :eek:

I did similar (actually probably a bit worse) once playing Neverwinter Nights multiplayer and it basically gave me RSI...

Ahhhh mate good olf Neverwinter multiplayer, that was awesome! I did it with POE, albeit not as much as I have pretty bad RSI now due to it :(

Caporegime
Ahhhh mate good olf Neverwinter multiplayer, that was awesome! I did it with POE, albeit not as much as I have pretty bad RSI now due to it :(
Hehe I had the most powerful wizard on the server (Patnix.nl) and used to regularly play until 5am... it was like crack! Sadly at the same time I ignored all of the discomfort in my hands and arms until it was too late. Bah. :(

Still, lots of good times with that game. :D

Soldato
I just hope and pray we get some Raster benchies out of him. But I imagine it will be 99.9% Ray tracing figures. Just like the turing launch. Will have to wait for Gamers Nexus, Hardware unboxed unt digital foundry

Caporegime
I'm not the one losing my mind over prices, especially when no one knows the performance yet.

You're clearly not the target market for the halo product, so concentrate on the '050 range fella I expect there to be excellent performance/£ there ;)
Never said I was. I have absolutely no intention of buying a 3090.

Repeatedly in this thread I've concentrated on discussion the 3070 and occasionally the 3080. Remember the 3070 was historically something of a vfm sweet-spot (when it was around £300..)

Also, have another link to a piece about shareholders, for the lulz.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/stop-spoiling-the-shareholders/309381/

bru

bru

Soldato
The guy who leeked the pricing info says the FE is $100 MORE than the prices he gave so the 3080 Founders Editions will be $900 and if you are lucky you might get a 3080 AIB for closer to $800.

So its another $100 "lift"

And also there is a GA102-400-A1 Titan model listed in the leaks with 48Gb so the 3090 isnt the Titan.

But would agree there is room between the 10gb 3080 and the 24gb 3090 to release a 3080ti around the $1200 mark.

Those are the founders edition prices taken from NVidia's US shop page.

Associate
Is there even a chance that Nvidia, with their video about the challenges of GPU cooling etc will have a reference design that's actually better than AIB's that use 2 or 3 fans?

Keen to understand this as well. I know historically they've been slated but my 1080FE was absolutely fine in terms of noise/heat and they're certainly going for it in marketing the cooler this time around...

Back
Top Bottom