Custom cheap aio vs wraith prism

Associate
I'm about to order a ryzen 3700k and a new motherboard. I'm wondering about cooling the cpu. I have 2 options. The cheap aio I modified or the wraith prism that comes along with the cpu.

The aio I have is a corsair h45. I modified it by taking the stock fan and spacer bracket away and replaced those with 2 akasa vipers running in push pull, venting out the back of the tower. It is only a half year old and was holding a i5 9600k, a 95w tdp cpu, at stock with max temps of 65c under stress.

I've heard the wraith prism is a pretty good stock cooler and that it should be good enough for the 3700x, a 65w tdp cpu.

The question is, what ones the better option? I know the aio is a bit noisy when the cpu gets warm. I'm assuming the prism is the same.

Oh and I'm not going to overclock. I will be running at stock.

Soldato
I'd personally stick with the prism.

Not much to go wrong with a heatsink and fan and it's quiet when just doing basic tasks, only gets a bit loud when under load.

I changed mine out to the Arctic 34 eSports duo and it's now my pc is silent until I play a game and my gpu kicks in.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback. I'll stick to the prism then. And btw I'm not bothered about fan noise. My tower does a good job of dampening the noise. Also I have 1000watt rms speakers. They drown out the noise while gaming for example.

Soldato
You have both so why not try both and see which one fits the bill (so to speak) better (you don't mention about not having the necessary AM4 mounting hardware for the AIO).

Associate
OP
You have both so why not try both and see which one fits the bill (so to speak) better (you don't mention about not having the necessary AM4 mounting hardware for the AIO).

It comes with amd fittings but from what Im reading, they are probably not am4. It just has a mounting bracket and springed screws and tells you to install to the amd backplate. I didn't know that. I'm going with the wraith anyway. It's easier to set up.

Back
Top Bottom