• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
The amount of people "chuffed" that the top card is now £1500. Have I missed something? You've all been played! The top card 4 years ago was £799!! It's horrible price increases!

The 3080 and 3070 are actually a little better than I feared. Not too bad.

How much was the titan 4 years ago?

The 3080 is the card the vast majority of us should cap out on. And if the hype turns out to be real, it should be a stonker.

Soldato
Well, much like the Titan, the 3090 makes zero sense at all other than bragging rights. Will only be 20% faster than the 3080 at literally twice the price.

Associate
If 3080 is available for £700 on sept 17th ill probably try to get one unless AMD release some info before then. Want a new card for CP2077 which supports DLSS/RT so if no leaks/info for AMD im not waiting.

Guess ill have to get a 3600 as my 2600 wont be up to the job I suspect, was going to wait for 4000 but no where to be seen yet.

Permabanned
Shame the **70 tier price has stayed where it is and not gone back down to what it was
My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling that not many people are going to be getting them for £500 though.

Still it’s better than the £600 we were hearing about. Will be good to see what Amd have to offer I may be upgrading from my 980ti after all :).

Associate
I've come away thinking with all the RT and DLSS pumping that were not gonna be impressed when it comes to normal, I still don't see raytracing becoming the norm for a good 4 years.

With that 3090 price my approach changed. Pre order 3080 then wait to see what info AMD pump out.

I have a feeling this will be the stinker generation for Nvidia, with an AMD come back and finally some competition in the market on price.

Soldato
So watching again, their comparison to the 10 series is using DLSS, so to say "wow look this card does RT aaaand it does it at 4k 60fps which is way better than the 10 series with no Ray tracing" is somewhat misleading. Show me an apples to apples performance comparison. 1440p to 1440p native render resolution, same settings.
Obviously you won't get that direct from Nvidia. Their graphs are ALWAYS heavily skewed to the narrative they're pushing. The smart thing to do will obviously be to wait for real reviews and benchmarks, but you have people throwing money at their screens already based on marketing fluff. I guess we'll see.

Soldato
Only thing i got from that is Nvidia are potentially worried AMD will have decent cards at good prices, thus the competitive prices..

Will be interesting to see AMDs offerings
Yeah, have a feeling nvidia know more about big navi than we do currently.

I like the look of the 3080 but definetly waiting to see what AMD bring to the table before getting my wallet out.

Back
Top Bottom