• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
So, if I was buying a new system now and wanted a 3090 which mobo should I be buying?

I’ll want to buy a cheap Ryzen 3600 and upgrade to Zen3 when they come out.

Thoughts?

Associate
Not letting the 2080ti go for under £500 so might as well keep it and give it to my son! Still buying a 3090 though lol.

Soldato
Eg2BfOXXkAI9eK_

Associate
The amount of people "chuffed" that the top card is now £1500. Have I missed something? You've all been played! The top card 4 years ago was £799!! It's horrible price increases!

The 3080 and 3070 are actually a little better than I feared. Not too bad.

Not sure if you saw the stream but the usage case for the 3080 was compared to a TITAN. Cant be bothered to check but aren't Titans over £2k, so yeah i would say £1499 is a good price when compared to the Titan prices, also if it can game at 8k 60fps with ray tracing turned on their is also quite a bit of future proofing their as well

Gonna wait to see what AMD have to offer and also reviews but a 3080, maybe a 3090 is likely to be my next card

Soldato
So you are insinuating I am a liar? I got news for you.

See that? six grand just fell into my account out of the blue. And, was quickly spent at OCUK. Here is said PC as of about 10 minutes ago.

And the rig I was using before pushed off to the side. Not every one you talk to is a liar. Simple fact? I don't need any more performance than I have. The 2080Ti smashes out 1440p like there is no tomorrow, and a new COD game does diddly squat for my eric.
Relax mate it was just a bit of banter it wasn't aimed at you directly :)

Back
Top Bottom