• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Was looking at the system compatibility information on the Geforce website, and it says the 3080 and 3090 both need 750w PSU's... I'm guessing that's a mistake.

The PSU image for the 3090 compatibility is called "1362218-gf-comp-guide-3080-750w-l.png", just in case anyone is looking at that and thinking 750w is fine for a 3090 (I mean, it might be, but the image is probably wrong).

Soldato
Hey man look, I have no doubt at all that these cards will trump the 20 series in RT and DLSS. No doubt at all. I never have. But. When you look at them in the cold light of day and ignoring all of the wizardry? like I said a couple of pages back, when something sounds too good to be true.......

Always best to wait for reviews and see the realworld performance.

Soldato
Round-up

If you missed Jensen's special kitchen presentation, you can rewatch it in 4K here: https://youtu.be/E98hC9e__Xs

We also have a ton of content that goes into further depth about Jensen's exciting announcements, plus lots of other news stories and nuggets:

You can also check out the new GPU product pages for even more info the GeForce RTX 30 Series:

Associate
Good prices, can't help think that the new consoles being powerful had something to with this. A lot of people were going to go console only with crazy pricing.

Also totally rains on the console launches with PC as usually always having significantly more powerful hardware before the consoles are even launched.

Had my 2070 Super a year, £460 with a free Modern Warfare, I plan to keep it another couple of years with 4 year warranty as should still be fine for the earlier console ports.

Getting some value of it rather than sell it at under half price, then the new cards in 1-2 years will be even better, possibly only 10GB on the 3080 is a plan to see mass upgrades for 3080 users within a couple of years.

Permabanned
Can someone tell me.

Buy series x x xbox, sell PC

Buy 3080 and stick it in 3700x with B350F PCI 3.0 mobo and don't by series x

WHICH one would be the most regretful?

I have a 1X which is mainly used for fifa and cod with friends, everything else, gamepass games are PC and I'll be using the xbox SX funds on a 3080.

Soldato
Can someone tell me.

Buy series x x xbox, sell PC

Buy 3080 and stick it in 3700x with B350F PCI 3.0 mobo and don't by series x

WHICH one would be the most regretful?

These two things don't sound equivalent. If you buy the xbox and sell PC your outlay is zero. If you buy a 3080 your outlay is the cost of the xbox. Why would you not just keep your PC and buy the xbox? That would be the equivalent alternative option surely?

Back
Top Bottom