Spec me a washing machine?

Soldato
Miele had started a budget line without the long guarantee - no ?
I hadn't understood if the parts are the same as their top end though - since I wasn't in the market, I hadn't researched it.

Soldato
Our expensive LG direct drive gave up the ghost last week, bought a Hotpoint from JL for under £300 which seems just as good tbh.
How old was your LG ?

My 6 year old 12KG LG washing machine had to be repaired a few times this year (new drain pump & new Power supply board)

I noticed some the new LG washing machines now come with only a 5 year warranty and not a 10 year warranty

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Which brand to go for then?

I've been out of the Labs for 13 years now and all I can say is that Miele were at the top followed by other German makes like Bosch and then followed by Japanese makes like Samsung & LG.
Knowing how the Italians think I would stay away from the four mentioned.
Those four are owned by Whirlpool now so I wouldn't trust them either.

Soldato
I've been out of the Labs for 13 years now and all I can say is that Miele were at the top followed by other German makes like Bosch and then followed by Japanese makes like Samsung & LG.
Knowing how the Italians think I would stay away from the four mentioned.
Those four are owned by Whirlpool now so I wouldn't trust them either.

What about Beko?

Soldato
I try to stick to one of these LG, Bosch, Siemens, Miele.
Bosch & Siemens are roughly exactly the same
(Miele prices i find are normally to high, But i do own a Miele vacuum cleaner )

There also Samsung & AEG as well but i never owned a Samsung or AEG Appliance
But i have been thinking of getting an American style Samsung Fridge

Last edited:
Soldato
Bumping this thread as our Zanussi machine that we inherited with the house is slowly biting the dust.

I’ve heard that Samsung machines are decent and my wife is set on an eco bubble 9kg model +/- add wash. Not sure whether it’s worth arguing for a Bosch machine instead as there is a 9kg machine that looks good to me for a similar price.

Second question - we would have to stack a dryer on top of the washing machine. There are lots of contraptions to do help with this online. Does anyone have any particular tips or tricks for this? I presume it’s quite straightforward?

Thanks!

Soldato
Bumping this thread as our Zanussi machine that we inherited with the house is slowly biting the dust.

I’ve heard that Samsung machines are decent and my wife is set on an eco bubble 9kg model +/- add wash. Not sure whether it’s worth arguing for a Bosch machine instead as there is a 9kg machine that looks good to me for a similar price.

Second question - we would have to stack a dryer on top of the washing machine. There are lots of contraptions to do help with this online. Does anyone have any particular tips or tricks for this? I presume it’s quite straightforward?

Thanks!

What model number you going for?

Back
Top Bottom