• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
I bought a Evga SC 1070 with gow4 for £440 back in oct 2016

Seeing the price of the 3070 with watchdogs legion at £469 is a pretty good price in my eyes.

However that 3080 at £649 has tweaked my interest. Are founders editions normally more expensive ? are they better than the likes of msi evga gigabyte ?

Associate
It depends need to see people benchmark games that use a lot of vram and see if its a problem

My guess ahead of launch was no based on one of the few games we know that pushes past 10Gb which is FS2020@4k Ultra, even on a Titan RTX this drops to 28fps, and I don't see the 3080 running that appreciably faster. What I was saying back then I still suspect will remain true, that while these GPUs are monsters, you'll still run into GPU bottlenecks on high end up coming games before you run into vRAM limitations. Especially as we start to see RTX IO adoption.

I disagree: it's because of the consoles.

I think so too, if you're a gamer it's not just AMD vs Nvidia anymore in your purchasing decisions, high end consoles can zap your spending cash at launch and that's devastating if you're trying to ship new very expensive hardware just before their release. It's also very telling to me that they've pre-positioned themselves to have something to match the consoles move towards a greater use of disk streaming assets with RTX IO. That's going to be cool.

Back
Top Bottom