Any experience of Smarty unlimited data?

Associate
you can change smarty plan any time you want, vodafone locks you in, you also get cashback with smarty, and amusingly each time you change plan as I have discovered have upped and reduced my daughters plan a couple of times :D

Associate
OP
Quick update, I decided to get a pre-pay sim and check my coverage before signing up properly. Unfortunately, I only get coverage upstairs and even then it was only 3Mb down / 0.5Mb up.

No Smarty for me.

Soldato
Smarty doesn't have 4G super voice 800mhz band access on the 3 network. For me it meant I had no signal after moving from 3. Left after a couple of days. Always a reason these things are cheap...

Associate
Smarty doesn't have 4G super voice 800mhz band access on the 3 network. For me it meant I had no signal after moving from 3. Left after a couple of days. Always a reason these things are cheap...

Must have changed because I doubt you'd get anything indoors with three/Smarty without it, I have noticed no drop off since I made the switch.

What it doesn't have is wifi calling or I should say wifi calling on my Samsung galaxy as we have had our mast out for 8 days this month due to an upgrade for 5G and all the winds from stormy weather delaying the build meant I had no signal aaaargh, somehow my daughters Mi 9 had wifi calling and no issue, despite SMARTY not having rolled out the feature, me not so much.

Still now it is back online my 4G speeds are a nice DL/UL of ~80/~25Mb ping still in the 40ms range though.

Soldato
Must have changed because I doubt you'd get anything indoors with three/Smarty without it, I have noticed no drop off since I made the switch.

What it doesn't have is wifi calling or I should say wifi calling on my Samsung galaxy as we have had our mast out for 8 days this month due to an upgrade for 5G and all the winds from stormy weather delaying the build meant I had no signal aaaargh, somehow my daughters Mi 9 had wifi calling and no issue, despite SMARTY not having rolled out the feature, me not so much.

Still now it is back online my 4G speeds are a nice DL/UL of ~80/~25Mb ping still in the 40ms range though.

This was less than 2 weeks ago so it's current info. I was on three previously and had reasonable 4G, on smarty in the same place I had no signal whatsoever. Ditched it and went to o2, best decision I made much better coverage, much better data throughput.

Associate
It's a bit all over the place but did a few around the place

Screenshot-20200902-002408-Speedtest.jpg

Back
Top Bottom