• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
With the 3080 being up to 80 percent faster than the 2080, is it fair to say, that it will be around 40 - 50 percent faster than the 2080ti? As the 2080ti is around 30 percent faster than the 2080. If that's correct then wow indeed!

Caporegime
I'm surprised how many people are talking about possibly getting a 3090... that is a Titan level card... how many people really buy that?
Why are you surprised, are you new to PC gaming? There are always people that buy the most expensive and best performing cards whenever they are released in every generation, whether it be for benching or gaming. It's absolutely nothing new or surprising and has been going on for decades. :p

Associate
That's fair, and I am not having a go at DF, but I am always suspicious when a company wants someone to withhold information. I really hope the 70% to 90% @ 4k performance increase is true because... that's great! I somewhat panic bought a 2080S at the start of lockdown, and yet this could still be a great (and affordable) upgrade. However, to say it's 80% avg. performance increase now is to get ahead of ourselves.

Why would they let just one person release all the benchmarks, every review site would be pee'd at them thats why, the only reason I see they let DF do this video was to show people it really is faster.

Soldato
Trying to catch up here as I've been out this evening.

Liking the numbers but I'm currently running 3840x1600 and I'm sure Warzone see's my 2080ti close to its 11gb Vram at times isn't dropping down to 10gb for UW and 4K going to be a limiting problem upgrading to the 3080?

Do we need to be looking at the 3090?

Soldato
850 or even 1k. It'll run cooler. Peak efficiency is around 50% load isn't it? Last time I looked anyhow.

Thanks. The 1k PSUs seem to take a price jump though, the 850's are only barely more expensive than the 750s.

Eyeing up an RM850x. Might buy it early in preparation. I probably shouldn't, but we aint gonna see AMDs hand are we. I don't think we will.

Associate
I don't know if anyone's knows this but apparently EVGA is making a kingpin 3090 and hybrid one too. I got a hybrid 2080ti it will be interesting to know when these cards come out.l may go to the kingpin one this time if I have enough room in my case if not I'll go hybrid again.

Caporegime
Indeed. The consoles are quite simple. Target 4k 60 and ignore RT for now.

Which sounds perfectly good to me :)

BTW as for pricing? they have just stepped back to Pascal is all. 400 odd for the 70, the 80 is gone now (the new 80 is the old Ti) 600 odd for that (no change there) and 1300 odd for the Titan (or 3090 as its now known) and every one is losing their mind LOL.

The 3070 won't be much better than the new consoles, you will require a 3080 to get the headroom from the loss of "to the metal coding" and the 3080 costs more than either console will for the look of things.

If you like 4k and you like RT? fantastic. I The am absolutely thrilled for you.
You just sound like a bitter 2080Ti buyer to me. Your attitude is awful.

Soldato
Trying to catch up here as I've been out this evening.

Liking the numbers but I'm currently running 3840x1600 and I'm sure Warzone see's my 2080ti close to its 11gb Vram at times isn't dropping down to 10gb for UW and 4K going to be a limiting problem upgrading to the 3080?

Do we need to be looking at the 3090?

There are rumours of a 20gb variant. I feel this might be a handicap for the card at its intended resolutions.

Does this mean a second hand 2080ti is now worth about £400?

All speculation until the embargo ends and they are directly compared in benchmarks. The numbers given are likely cherry picked examples.

Associate
With the 3080 being up to 80 percent faster than the 2080, is it fair to say, that it will be around 40 - 50 percent faster than the 2080ti? As the 2080ti is around 30 percent faster than the 2080. If that's correct then wow indeed!

That's the claim, I would wait until we get some real-world performance tests out, but yes - it's all sounding pretty promising so far!

Soldato
Why would they let just one person release all the benchmarks, every review site would be pee'd at them thats why, the only reason I see they let DF do this video was to show people it really is faster.

It looks like "controlled credibility" to me.

NVidia picked the games and said he couldn't show FPS. So I consider the results cherry-picked, but otherwise legit. This is probably best-case scenario for the 3080. It's still impressive though.

Back
Top Bottom