• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Seeing firesales of 2080ti's for £500 an hour after the stream aired made me chuckle in to me mug of tea earlier.

I'm going to be waiting for the 3060 to be released as it's a good 2-3 times more powerful than my current card and 30% less power draw than a 1080ti.

Associate
Keep an eye on OcUK webshop, I have added quite a few 3000 series cards this evening giving OcUK largest range in UK at present and potentially world.

Pricing is very strong on these new cards, not much word on supply yet but hopefully that will be strong too.

My thinking is a potential repeat of GTX 970 launch where we sold like 10,000 units in first month because it was incredible value and well the 3070 and 3080 are incredible value for the performance and the 3090 is a monster. EPIC CARDS!
3070's are all budget monstrosities for more than nVidia? Are your prices correct?
£649-£799 on a 3080 is puzzling? Please explain.

Soldato
Sorry I've had a look but couldn't find an answer... PCIe3 holding the card back or do we still need to wait? Really wish Intel had PCIe4 support :(

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvDpS_UTQw

Best I can do one handed. It doesn't change during gunfights either, seems very dependent on the scene itself. Apologies that my camera hates the curved display, not much I can do about that.

Edit. Unless I tape the camera to my head I can not play it for 5 mins whilst recording sorry.

The GPU will do 2150 easily too. For some reason it has gone back to stock clocks.

Your settings show 50% render resolution, that's not 1440p.

Soldato
Is there anyway ocuk can state which cards are reference PCBs on the webstore?

I'll get one (3080) out the gate but need to know I can put an EK/other block on it when available.

Glad there's lots of stock! And Haribo?!

Soldato
Sorry I've had a look but couldn't find an answer... PCIe3 holding the card back or do we still need to wait? Really wish Intel had PCIe4 support :(

Wait for reviews but I doubt it'll make any tangible difference.

Where it could matter is in this RTX IO stuff, be interesting to see what difference it makes there.

Soldato
Jensen is letting us use our NVME storage as vram.
Not any time soon though.
We’re targeting getting a development preview of DirectStorage into the hands of game developers next year.
Also.
DirectStorage will be supported on certain systems with NVMe drives.
Sounds like we will be on the next gen cards before this is commonly used tech.

Back
Top Bottom