Noble - Hero or Epic

Soldato
I need a new chair and would like to order asap while they are in stock.

I've used DX-Racer for years but fancy trying something different and the Noble look quite good.

The Epic looks closer to the bucket seat of the DX-Race but I also like the look of the Hero.

Anyone tried both, any thoughts.

Also do the arm rests rotate on ether of them?

Thanks

OcUK Staff
They are both great chairs, however the HERO is a larger chair with built in lumbar support, so you'll need to bear that in mind. Both chairs also have 4D armrests meaning they can move in pretty much all directions. :)

Soldato
OP
They are both great chairs, however the HERO is a larger chair with built in lumbar support, so you'll need to bear that in mind. Both chairs also have 4D armrests meaning they can move in pretty much all directions. :)

Thanks, I didn't realise the Hero was so much bigger, looks like I'll go for the Epic then and just need to decide leather or black edition.

Good news about the 4D armrests I can't believe I missed that bit on the website.

Associate
I can only comment on the Hero (which I'm about to return)
It is not what I'd consider a comfortable chair at all, it's like sitting on a slab of granite.
The armrests move up, down, forwards, backwards, left, right and have rotation in fixed angle increments.

OcUK Staff
The foam used is cold cured foam, so you will find the chairs to be firm to begin with and they do soften up over time. Also, the main reason noblechairs use a firmer design, is for 2 things, for it to last over time, the spongy stuff the cheaper chairs use tend to go flat and you end up sitting on the frame. But also ergonomics, by having something firm means it's supporting you properly too, sinking into a soft chair, like a sofa is not good for keeping your spine/body aligned. - It certainly is a strange feeling when you come from a chair that's like a cushion, but your body will thank you for it.

Associate
I think it's really comfortable. I love the firmness.

Agree.

I have a Hero and for the first few days, the backs of my legs were going numb. However, now that it has softened up a little, I couldn't be happier and I've not had a hint of back pain, unlike my "ergonomic" chair at work.

Associate
In terms of depreciation compared to other gaming related hardware they are definitely worth it.

2080Ti lost almost as much value as the price of a real leather Hero in just the last couple of weeks.

Soldato
OP
Thought I'd give some quick feedback on the Noble Epic (leather) after I finally got one today.

The quality is really good and very easy to put together, took about 10 minutes or so no problems.

As was posted above it is very firm chair but hopefully it will soften up with time as fiveub mentioned as I'm finding it a little too firm at the moment.

What I hadn't counted on is how high it is at the lowest setting, my DX-Racer is very low as at the lowest setting but this is about the same height at lowest setting as the DX-Racer is a highest so for me at 5'7" that is a little awkward and sometimes I like to put it really low to stretch my legs/relax.

The back is very flat and firm, it has no curve and I find using the cushion puts your back in an unnatural curve, I've only used it for a few hours but already starting to get a bad back.

I like the armrests but wish the rotation arm rests locked in place because when you grab them to move/get into the chair they rotate then.

It's not as "bucket seat" as I expected, the photos make it look more hugging than it is on the base.

So overall at this stage, you can tell it is a high quality chair but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use it for long periods, in fact the time typing this has been quite painful on my back and I don't normally have issued with that. The DX-Racer would probably have been a better purchase I think (if there was stock) as I found that much more comfortable.

Associate
i had the same issues, unfortunately it got no better and I had to return it. It’s a shame because it’s a nice looking chair, it’s just too firm and I couldn’t risk living with it “Just in case”
Thought I'd give some quick feedback on the Noble Epic (leather) after I finally got one today.

The quality is really good and very easy to put together, took about 10 minutes or so no problems.

As was posted above it is very firm chair but hopefully it will soften up with time as fiveub mentioned as I'm finding it a little too firm at the moment.

What I hadn't counted on is how high it is at the lowest setting, my DX-Racer is very low as at the lowest setting but this is about the same height at lowest setting as the DX-Racer is a highest so for me at 5'7" that is a little awkward and sometimes I like to put it really low to stretch my legs/relax.

The back is very flat and firm, it has no curve and I find using the cushion puts your back in an unnatural curve, I've only used it for a few hours but already starting to get a bad back.

I like the armrests but wish the rotation arm rests locked in place because when you grab them to move/get into the chair they rotate then.

It's not as "bucket seat" as I expected, the photos make it look more hugging than it is on the base.

So overall at this stage, you can tell it is a high quality chair but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use it for long periods, in fact the time typing this has been quite painful on my back and I don't normally have issued with that. The DX-Racer would probably have been a better purchase I think (if there was stock) as I found that much more comfortable.

Soldato
OP
i had the same issues, unfortunately it got no better and I had to return it. It’s a shame because it’s a nice looking chair, it’s just too firm and I couldn’t risk living with it “Just in case”

Are you able to return these as it's pretty hard to return in unused condition as the plastic packaging had to cut off as the Sellotape was not budging.

Since typing the above I just message a mate to see if he wanted to buy it at a discount as it's killing me already and I've gone back to the DX-Racer. If it can be returned (no I idea how) that would be my best option I think.

Associate
There’s a 30 day comfort guarantee I believe. At least there was when I ordered it in June.

Are you able to return these as it's pretty hard to return in unused condition as the plastic packaging had to cut off as the Sellotape was not budging.

Since typing the above I just message a mate to see if he wanted to buy it at a discount as it's killing me already and I've gone back to the DX-Racer. If it can be returned (no I idea how) that would be my best option I think.

Underboss
Good luck,

I ended up buying a pipe wrench to remove one from the seat base as it wouldn't budge.

Rubber mallet should remove the cylinder from the wheels with a good couple of smacks.

Soldato
OP
Good luck,

I ended up buying a pipe wrench to remove one from the seat base as it wouldn't budge.

Rubber mallet should remove the cylinder from the wheels with a good couple of smacks.

Thanks, I just had a look on Youtube at a generic chair and it looks a right pain... I'll have to buy a wrench and a rubber mallet!

Back
Top Bottom