NZXT H1

Soldato
External radiator :D

Yup, this all the way.
I run a quad (4x120mm) monsta rad (so quite thick) using noctua fans. GPU and CPU sit at 40oC gaming (this is the temperature I have set fans to very gently start ramping up, Set to default to minimum speed below 40oC). Using CPU temp atm, but going to hook my corsair commander up and run based on fluid temp post radiator.
If you want to watercool then go external.

Old pic, cables are much tidier now.

UTRR1fAl.jpg

Soldato
Can see watercooling an H1 being a bit of a nightmare.
That said, would love to see people try.

Always wanted a full water system one day... Not sure I'll try it with my h1 though.

Associate
Yup, this all the way.
I run a quad (4x120mm) monsta rad (so quite thick) using noctua fans. GPU and CPU sit at 40oC gaming (this is the temperature I have set fans to very gently start ramping up, Set to default to minimum speed below 40oC). Using CPU temp atm, but going to hook my corsair commander up and run based on fluid temp post radiator.
If you want to watercool then go external.

Old pic, cables are much tidier now.

UTRR1fAl.jpg
I certainly appreciate the ingenuity - however I prefer more clean set-ups. Cool concept though but kinda defeats the H1 for me, at least.

Soldato
I certainly appreciate the ingenuity - however I prefer more clean set-ups. Cool concept though but kinda defeats the H1 for me, at least.

Always horses for courses. Whats right for me someone else will not like.
Went from a phantek Enthoo primo to this... The small footprint on and under desk works for me, but as you says its not for everyone.
I can cool whatever hardware is thrown at it, with 2600 overclocked to 4ghz and a 1080 overclocked (+250/+200 from memory) I cant get either cpu or gpu over 41oC with silent fan settings.. Perfect for work and gaming.
When it comes apart next I will be adding dry disconnects and slightly longer hose, make it very easy to move/work on as needed.

Associate
Always horses for courses. Whats right for me someone else will not like.
Went from a phantek Enthoo primo to this... The small footprint on and under desk works for me, but as you says its not for everyone.
I can cool whatever hardware is thrown at it, with 2600 overclocked to 4ghz and a 1080 overclocked (+250/+200 from memory) I cant get either cpu or gpu over 41oC with silent fan settings.. Perfect for work and gaming.
When it comes apart next I will be adding dry disconnects and slightly longer hose, make it very easy to move/work on as needed.

oh 100% mate and i certainly appreciate the work gone into it - just as you say, for my personal needs it would defeat the purpose.

Associate
hi guys can anyone help me with the PSU in this case, im going to be upgrading to the rtx 3080 once released and the power supply seems to be a bit lower than recommended can you recommend me a 850 watt psu I could just swap out? or is it not possible to swap the psu in the case? cheers

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about Nvidia's recommendation. Wait for reviews and see what power draw actually looks like. Few systems ever get anywhere close to these "recommended" numbers, likely because the recommendation needs to cover some very power-hungry parts. There's quite a large difference in power consumption between, for example, a Ryzen 3600 and a 10900k. So you could find you've replaced the PSU for nothing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the FE cards will be a no-go for this case TBH. There's already some concern with the cooler design and sandwich layout cases. The H1 has the added problem of the rear IO being enclosed. With the FE venting through the IO panel, it's likely to suffer some of the problems seen with blower cards.

Last edited:
Associate
I think the FE cards will be a no-go for this case TBH. There's already some concern with the cooler design and sandwich layout cases. The H1 has the added problem of the rear IO being enclosed. With the FE venting through the IO panel, it's likely to suffer some of the problems seen with blower cards.

3090 can't fit anyway, it's 3 slot where as the H1 is only 2 slot but the fans don't work that way, the bottom pulls air in from the front of the case and the top one pushes air up and out the back of the case assuming it's in a traditional ATX case

Back
Top Bottom