• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Man of Honour
I don't see any point in buying the 3070 or 3080 when there are higher VRAM cards in the offing, so my choices are to stick with my 2080 ti or go for the 3090.

I think these cards are aimed at persuading Pascal owners to upgrade (as well as giving them room to manoeuvre on AMD) cards designed to pull Turing owners over will arrive later.

Associate
Nah. He was asking what the FE means.

"Flipping Expensive"

Ah right I see yes. I'm still not sure anyone answered my original question of it I'm custom WC'ing, should I get the FE as it's basically ref or get one of the others from here? I suppose it rests on whether the boards are the same?

Soldato
Arent they the same price brackets as the turing super series of cards?

Still a shame they have bumped the xx70 and xx80 up $120 and $100 respectively from the 10 series.

1070 was $379
1080 was $599

So we had them trying it on with the 20 series initially, then they tried it on a bit less with the super series and then we have the same again now. Everything is still up $100 since the 10 series.

Shah don't be logical and actually look at prices. They are not good and about 40% more than I'm willing to pay for the performance. Will be waiting another generation I think to then buy these second hand.

Associate
I’m not convinced by those claiming PCIE3 will hold these cards back. The bus still isn’t saturated in most cases as is!

Soldato
I am in awe of the size of this lad! :eek:

Eg6AiS0XsAAPhhr

Yikes! It is an absolute unit! Lol

Back
Top Bottom