2nd hand Herman Miller - need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It's taken months for me to adapt to the Aeron and even now its not the most comfortable chair I've ever used. I bought mine from 2ndhnd and it is obviously 2nd hand as there are a few chips around the base etc, but functionally it is fine.

Definitely test one out before you commit as they do take some getting used to!

This is what concerns me!

daz

daz

Soldato
I've just bought a second hand HM Mirra 2, came to £320 delivered. The main thing about these types of 'task' chairs is that they are not necessarily super comfortable on initially sitting in them, they're not like a luxurious armchair that you'd fall asleep in and they're not meant to be. The best thing you can say about them is that you can sit in them for hours, and not notice.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Phone Herman Miller, ask them where the nearest local dealer is that can give you a test drive.
Phone the dealer and ask to try out the Aeron, Mirra 2, Embody, Cosm, Sayl.. etc.

After a long time of mulling over the Aeron or Mirra 2 from previous, separate visits to JL, I decided to finalise it once and for all with a side-by-side test.
Tried all of the above bar one:

Didn't find anything amazing about the Aeron or Cosm, and simply couldn't justify a purchase based on price vs comfort.
Mirra 2 arms killed the deal for me.
They didn't have an Embody in stock but I was only interested in seeing what the Logitech fanboys were getting.
I had tried a Sayl in the past and really liked it but did not take it seriously as a choice. Amongst all of the above, it was comfy and functional enough for the price to seal the deal. £360 brand new.

It's a lot of money to spend on a piece of office equipment. It should be verified and not purchased based on word of mouth.

Associate
I've just bought a second hand HM Mirra 2, came to £320 delivered. The main thing about these types of 'task' chairs is that they are not necessarily super comfortable on initially sitting in them, they're not like a luxurious armchair that you'd fall asleep in and they're not meant to be. The best thing you can say about them is that you can sit in them for hours, and not notice.
Where did you get a Mirra 2 for £320?

Associate
Hi guys, I've had a used Aeron classic for about 6/7 years now, and am thinking of giving it a bit of a refresh. Posture fit/seatpan foam replacement, maybe a new gas strut. Any recommendations as to a good supplier of spares and parts in the UK? Thanks!

Associate
I'm trying to get hold of a HumanScale chair from 2ndhand and so far the service is abysmal. No communication for two weeks and then after chasing they take 2-3 days to respond. First the excuses of Covid then I'm told I am on priority and still...6 weeks after payment no dispatch date.

I wish I went with my gut and got CorporateSpec to price match. 2ndhand show stock of the frames and then order in parts so the delays are terrible.

I don't trust some of the reviews on Trustpilot because the service has been far from good. CorporateSpec will price match but only where stock is available from a competitor and since I took the last frame there is nothing to price match against....had there been I'd have cancelled my order with 2ndhand by now.

Associate
I'm trying to get hold of a HumanScale chair from 2ndhand and so far the service is abysmal. No communication for two weeks and then after chasing they take 2-3 days to respond. First the excuses of Covid then I'm told I am on priority and still...6 weeks after payment no dispatch date.

I wish I went with my gut and got CorporateSpec to price match. 2ndhand show stock of the frames and then order in parts so the delays are terrible.

I don't trust some of the reviews on Trustpilot because the service has been far from good. CorporateSpec will price match but only where stock is available from a competitor and since I took the last frame there is nothing to price match against....had there been I'd have cancelled my order with 2ndhand by now.
Would honestly just cancel, get card company to charge back. Waiting that long is too much. Corporatespec seem much better reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom