Official Home Gym Building Thread

Soldato
I thought the 475 and 485+ shared the same 60mm tube? If so making it fit on the M2 should just be down to whether or not the pulldown is as tall or taller than the rear cross-member on the M2. The lat stations are only attached to racks with 4 bolts, and as I said if the holes are off one or the other can be drilled. To be honest I'm looking for convenience - selling/dismantling the M2 and buying /assembling another rack definitely isn't my first choice plus due to the very tight space constraints I would need to sell the M2 before buying a new rack and would prefer to not to be without a rack for any length of time.

Sorry been away and missed your response. The issue isnt the size of the tubing that the racks are made from, they all have different heights as well as different ways that the pulley attachements actually attach to the rack. Further to this the weight stacks are dependant on the pulley attachement as well due to the pole diameter and distance between the poles and the cable length as well is specific to the different pulleys.

Sure they are only attached by 4 bolts, but you might have to adjust the bottom join and the top join, cable length, etc. I personally wouldnt want to spend £500+ to have to adjust it, potentially significantly. The time you would spend making the adjustments is probably the same amount of time you would spend taking down one setup.

Anyway, Powerhouse fitness should be getting back in stock the pulley setup for the 475, which also has a weight stack, and i think is cheaper then the 485+ setup.

Soldato
From back of wheels to front foot is 146. The pad including seat when flat is 136. Pad width is 31 and width of feet at the back is 52. Height from floor to top of pad is 44. All in cm.

Nice one, appreciate it :D

It's going to be pretty cramped in there! Though I've started to realise that actually when you're talking about a gym space that is only ever really going to be used by one person at a time it doesn't actually matter if things are quite crammed in. Once I finish mocking up some design ideas I might stick some of them in here to see what you guys reckon

Man of Honour
A big thank you to @LiE who helped me get set up throughout the lockdown months. Origin and Bulldog were good shouts.

Hopefully in the next 18 months I can start the final build project, but I’m more than set up in the meantime.

Associate
Sorry been away and missed your response. The issue isnt the size of the tubing that the racks are made from, they all have different heights as well as different ways that the pulley attachements actually attach to the rack. Further to this the weight stacks are dependant on the pulley attachement as well due to the pole diameter and distance between the poles and the cable length as well is specific to the different pulleys.

Sure they are only attached by 4 bolts, but you might have to adjust the bottom join and the top join, cable length, etc. I personally wouldnt want to spend £500+ to have to adjust it, potentially significantly. The time you would spend making the adjustments is probably the same amount of time you would spend taking down one setup.

Anyway, Powerhouse fitness should be getting back in stock the pulley setup for the 475, which also has a weight stack, and i think is cheaper then the 485+ setup.

Going with a CF475 lat attachment + stack would save £100 over the 485+
I'm still mulling it over - still not had confirmation on the tube size or height of rear top crossmember of either rack, so I don't fancy laying out £600 to find out it's a non-starter. Return shipping costs would not be inconsequential!

Soldato
Going with a CF475 lat attachment + stack would save £100 over the 485+
I'm still mulling it over - still not had confirmation on the tube size or height of rear top crossmember of either rack, so I don't fancy laying out £600 to find out it's a non-starter. Return shipping costs would not be inconsequential!

I can measure mine sometime if you want? CF475 that is. Highest point from the ground you want, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom