• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
You don't get it do you.

So the cpu takes more of a bashing, one lowers the rez.
which hardly if anyone plays?

I dont think you understand at all.

Let me make it crystal clear.

Can you show me a benchmark at 1080p that shows a significant improvement in FPS by using an intel vs AMD.

If not then admit there is no noticable improvements and that i its purely down to GPU unless you are using a very very OLD CPU

Any cpu from the last few years is all perfectly fine for gaming at 1080 or above as its gpu dependant

Caporegime
RTX IO, do we know if it will work at all with Sata based SSD’s, as in principal it can surely still load straight from the drive to the graphics card, or is RTX IO reliant on the pcie bus for it to function?

Nobody will know until next year when it comes out. You may need pci-e 4 and you may need a certain speed NVME to be useful. Certainly wont work with sata SSDs from what I have read though.

Soldato
The Intel Core i9 10900K is the best gaming cpu.

It might push the most fps at low resolution but is it the best buy. No pci-e 4 so slower drives and potentially going forward fps as well. At 4k that cpu shows no benefit over AMD zen 2 and it's missing next gen features atm motherboard wise. Zen 2 makes more sense to me even if it's mainly for gaming.

Soldato

Can you show me a benchmark at 1080p that shows a significant improvement in FPS by using an intel vs AMD.

If not then admit there is no noticable improvements and that i its purely down to GPU unless you are using a very very OLD CPU

Any cpu from the last few years is all perfectly fine for gaming at 1080 or above as its gpu dependant

I give up....no really..

Soldato
It might push the most fps at low resolution but is it the best buy. No pci-e 4 so slower drives and potentially going forward fps as well. At 4k that cpu shows no benefit over AMD zen 2 and it's missing next gen features atm motherboard wise. Zen 2 makes more sense to me even if it's mainly for gaming.
this^

A none issue.

Spend it on the gpu!!!

Soldato

That was not the question.

You got to be an amd fan boy?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I do think the guy who keeps offering £180 for every 2080ti is a troll and needs banning tbh. We all know they have devalued but if a 2080ti is only worth £180 then a 2080 is only worth £130 and a 2070 is only £80 which is ridiculous.
The thing is, they haven't devalued in the real world. There is no immediate competition. Comparing to a yet-to-be physically released product is pointless. Once these release you could argue a 3080 is suddenly worth £200 because the 4080 is coming...

But I definitely agree, he needs a timeout at the very least and the residual value of Turing cards has certainly decreased.

Soldato

Nvidia has been using a software scheduler for years that can be very taxing on a CPU's single threaded performance. Although it's not clear what approach will be used in Ampere (hardware/software). In light of this it really does behoove you to get the best CPU with the best single threaded performance to avoid oddities in smoothness, etc.

Associate

Have to agree with this. Nobody games at 720p on a top-end CPU. If the real world answer is that there is no quantifiable (let alone perceptible) difference because we reach limits elsewhere in the system, having the "top performing" CPU is irrelevant, as you simply can't access that power in any relevant way.

I think it was Tech Jesus who made the point that, yes Intel is technically better at gaming, but once you add in the real-world background stuff or try and stream alongside gaming, the Ryzen multicore superiority puts intel back in its box.

Back
Top Bottom