• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Caporegime
So I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade the old vega 56 now. Guess I will have to now :p

Vaguely considering a change from my 64, though think i might wait to see what amd has to offer. I have a 4k screen so the 3080 seems a perfect fit, but at the same time i don't game as much as i used to.

Caporegime
Just so you know ASUS works with OCUK on graphics returns in house, so on warranty claims as long as theres no damage on the faulty card they should be able to swap over right away for a brand new unit, so the process should be really quick.

With this swap over in house it could equal a free upgrade in the future, if you'd like to swap for a same cost current model in 3 years time, not have a replacement model at purchase.

Whats the current Asus line about their Vega screwup where people had to replace thermal pads as the ones they included on the card weren't even contacting most of the components? Is my warranty still valid or is it now void due to having to fix a screwup by Asus and their amazing QC department?

Associate
I think i'll wait for a RTX 3080Ti, perhaps that will be March to June next year. Probably stick with the 1080Ti to be honest given the games i play.

Associate
It's usually after I'm afraid. Or at the exact same time? thereabouts. but I know those who pre-order are making the "leap of faith" so to speak

Ok, thanks.

I've seen it suggested that the AIB partners have been driver limited to testing thermals exclusively on Nvidia issued software, so it seems it may be a bit rushed for them to finalise cooler designs.

The FE blower would have had more thorough testing so is attractive from that perspective. As things stand anyway.

I should exercise patience, I just don't want stock shortages to mean I miss out. FOMO; that's how they get you I suppose!

Associate
Hi I plan on picking up a 3090 on launch, the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3090 XTREME if in stock, I was wondering will OC be doing the Free Watchdog's promo?, since I planned on picking this game up on launch anyway it would be a nice bonus.

Soldato
Out of the cards available if i was to get a new card i'd probably go for the fe, just out of curiosity about the cooler.
£650 is a lot to spend satisfying curiosity. There will no doubt be extensive thermal and noise testing results available on the FE and other models on launch day. No need to take a shot in the dark.

Caporegime
£650 is a lot to spend satisfying curiosity. There will no doubt be extensive thermal and noise testing results available on the FE and other models on launch day. No need to take a shot in the dark.

Depends if the reviewers are given the fe cards or a mish mash of partner cards, could be a while before the partner cards get reviewed, or could be day one. Have to wait and see, though i'm not really looking for a new card currently.

Associate
Quick Question :
if i am to purchase one of thse 3080 cards how bad will it bottleneck on PCI 3-0 motherboard?
will i also have to upgrade the motherboard to get it to run current gen games at a good frame rate? at 1440p or 4k?
any thoughts on this before buying a expensive card then cant get better performance then my asus strix 1080ti that i am currently running on my system
also do ocuk stock the founders edition cards>?
as i would prefer this model if purchasing
thanks.

Soldato
Quick Question :
if i am to purchase one of thse 3080 cards how bad will it bottleneck on PCI 3-0 motherboard?
will i also have to upgrade the motherboard to get it to run current gen games at a good frame rate? at 1440p or 4k?
any thoughts on this before buying a expensive card then cant get better performance then my asus strix 1080ti that i am currently running on my system
also do ocuk stock the founders edition cards>?
as i would prefer this model if purchasing
thanks.

You won't really know until drivers are released and reviewers feedback.

Founders models will be from Nvidia only.

Associate
What happens if card is faulty after 30 days of release, if like Pascal and Turing were OCUK had to set up a queue for those who ordered first. Would user get to jump the Queue for direct replacement or RMA back to yourself/wait if no damage???

You'll have to hunt through Pascal/Turing launch threads but did happen to AIB cards across different resellers
I'd hate for that to happen so close to launch, we do loads of testing per card to make sure it doesn't but sometimes with so many thousands of GPUs being produced it can happen. For this the process would be normal, return it to OCUK, but I always try and keep in close touch with them, so would try to allocate an extra unit specifically to make up for it and get it back to you as soon as possible

Associate
Unfortunately, Asus practically consider a light sprinkling of dust as damage to the card so they get a wide berth from me.
I work closely with the OCUK service team and any issues like this do get escalated to myself and we can review. Realistically our service teams do change, and sometimes the newer team members follow the descriptions too closely. This did happen on one occasion last year and I resolved and sorted.

Associate
thanks for your response.
i will await some benchmarks..
ideally i would like to purchase via OCUK as i have always had amazing service and support..
ideally i would like the founders style because of the new cooling solution they have implemented with the new design
if OCUK are stocking a card that is similar and also has the same fan/cooling solution
please let me know as i prefer to spend my money with a company who have given great support to me over the last 10 years
and i know if there are any issues customer services and the forums are always a great help.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom