Overclockers forum drive me off site, but it's just bants m8(!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
A previous friends deleted account would be my bet.

How so? What would it be doing on my account?

Where have you been for the last ten years?

GD will usually get some daft responses depending on the original question.

As you can see from my post count i really don't post much on here, and really try to avoid GD as a whole, but the responses to this post have really made me mad. All I can say in support is Happy Birthday Man. Hope it helps.

This forum is Pistonheads forums but for nerds. Not sure what you're expecting!

A general discussion forum for Overclockers accounts. It's why I avoided posting elsewhere; I went for what logically should be the most mentally 'mature' forum I'm on. (It ain't gonna be GameFAQs, so I thought.)

There's always going to be people slow on the uptake, like Apex's post above this, but I wasn't expecting unhelpful 'joke' posts or spam by insecure 'NPC's from the start immediately derailing the thread. I'm sure the rules say something about being helpful or considerate but the mods are ignoring this. May as well delete the rules page.

As someone else has said, it is probably an old post you did yourself if its on your archive? Or its just a bug, never noticed it personally...The most i've seen is it 'suggesting' you say happy birthday to someone else on their birthday via story, maybe you did that to an account you are no longer friends with?

The weird thing is how it has 5 viewers, but also won't show the viewers. If it had none it'd be less creepy, but if it showed the viewers I could just conclude I have a hacker stalker somehow. Unfortunately I cleared the past logins before really checking it recently.

Associate
OP
GD is serious business. You may want to untwist those knickers.

Also....Happy bithday nan.

While I've been ignoring the destructive troll comments, I should note that a few of you just saying at someone they're mad, should calm down etc. doesn't magically make someone so. You can't make 12,222 or 20,000 posts on a site, then turn around to someone else posting on it and say they're too invested in it.

Man of Honour
While I've been ignoring the destructive troll comments, I should note that a few of you just saying at someone they're mad, should calm down etc. doesn't magically make someone so. You can't make 12,222 or 20,000 posts on a site, then turn around to someone else posting on it and say they're too invested in it.

Have you come here from mumsnet or something :p

Just be one with the bants... There are no "destructive troll comments".

Could be worse... I had a book fall on my head today,

I only have my shelf to blame.

Caporegime

Ffs. If it wasn't for your sartorial excellence I'd have hunted you down by now for that craic.

Associate
OP

Ah, so you're losers that hurl insults then immediately hides behind the "it was a joke" or 'bants m8' safety blanket rather than have the balls to go "yeah I insulted you, what you gonna do about it?" You couldn't even resist doing it right there.

It's only a joke when the receiver gets something out of it. All I've gained from immediately being spammed and now insulted for calling it out is a worse impression of you and this forum. What banter.

Man of Honour
Hey dudes this title didn't happen overnight, takes time and quality devotion to the cause :cool:

Ah, so you're losers that hurl insults then immediately hides behind the "it was a joke" or 'bants m8' safety blanket rather than have the balls to go "yeah I insulted you, what you gonna do about it?" You couldn't even resist doing it right there.

It's only a joke when the receiver gets something out of it. All I've gained from immediately being spammed and now insulted for calling it out is a worse impression of you and this forum. What banter.

I'll have you know my balls are rather sizeable thank you very much! Just ask your mom :D

Also, I see right through your game mister :p

Associate
OP
I love it. He's now literally claiming one of the nicest guys on here is insulting him and is a coward.

That's how perception works. If your first impression of me was me replying to your question by nudging you by telling you to untwist your knickers when you're calm and asking if you're from mumsnet, you'd think the same. Doesn't matter if someone goes "oi, he's really nice!"

Commissario
Think you need to calm down Ozzy, people are only having fun. Get stuck in and have a go yourself, you may even enjoy it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom