Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Pho

Pho

Soldato
how are headphones ? no delay? ive tried number of 'cheaper' BT headphones, with YT on mobile, and delay of sound is ridiculous .. not to mention quality...and interesting choice of music player...need to do some research in devices like that :)

Check the Bluetooth audio profiles your phone supports and also the profiles your headphones support.

Ideally you want aptX-LL or aptX.

On my Android if I go into the developer options I can force a default codec, or at least see what the currently connected codec is. I think it defaults to SBC which is good for range but poor for latency - so fine for music, but not for YouTube.

This sums them up fairly well-
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8gara3/sony_ldac_users_how_is_the_latency/dya8t99/

Soldato
UgcS214.jpg

Changed my PSU from an SFX-L to an SFX to gain a little more room, which in turn allowed me to install a Corsair H55 AIO to cool my graphics card using a NZXT G12 bracket. The fan on the G12 for the VRMs is a PWM Arctic fan, controlled by the GPU header, the fan on the H55 rad is a Corsair ML PWM fan controlled by the motherboard - near silent setup with ridiculously good temps all around now in an ITX build.

Soldato
UJSe.jpg

We've started picking up a few kitchen bits for our first house. Did also buy a new Pressure King Pro to replace our now fit for the bin PKP but when we collected it, it had a huge dent and damaged box! Have had it refunded and a new one on the way

Permabanned
I still don't understand why they cost more to buy the damn drives without an enclosure.

Warranty and, if they are actually datacentre grade, the data recovery option that comes with OEM drives. Once you take the drive out of the enclosure the warranty is void, hence why you have to attack the damn things with a toolbox.

Oh, and they're probably datacentre drives that don't meet the QA parameters of the top tier stuff which usually have very tight tolerances for hundreds of spinning drives operating in close proximity which generates high heat and vibration mitigation needs.

Caporegime
Warranty and, if they are actually datacentre grade, the data recovery option that comes with OEM drives. Once you take the drive out of the enclosure the warranty is void, hence why you have to attack the damn things with a toolbox.

Oh, and they're probably datacentre drives that don't meet the QA parameters of the top tier stuff which usually have very tight tolerances for hundreds of spinning drives operating in close proximity which generates high heat and vibration mitigation needs.

Rumour has it WD will honour the warranty on the bare drive as if it was bought stand alone. I've never seen anything conclusive. I'll have to see if they have a warranty checker.

Caporegime
That's not a bad idea that! May I ask how much that set you back? Have been threatening to get a NAS the last few years but never pulled the trigger

Being careful as OcUK sell NAS and drives:

NAS was cheap with a code - just under £250.

Drives were on offer (now gone bit they come up cheap every couple of months) - £180 each.

Caporegime
Much appreciated though. That's a hell of a lot of space for the money too! More than I'd ever need

(2040 Me will look back and laugh at this statement)

You only end up with 10TB useable with the standard config (RAID1) but should be enough for a few years. Got 2 CCTV cameras to link to it tomorrow. Very nice bit of kit the Synology and tiny too.

Replaces a full ATX rig for NAS and print server duty and also acts as an NVR.

Permabanned
Rumour has it WD will honour the warranty on the bare drive as if it was bought stand alone. I've never seen anything conclusive. I'll have to see if they have a warranty checker.

Yeah, it's always a bit dicey as to whether or not the manufacturers have special serial numbers for those types of drives.

Either way, the Synology gear is seriously brilliant. I've got a 218+ in the office and a 418 for all my home needs and I love them both!

Man of Honour
That seems like a beastly rad for a CPU

Dual 140mm fan rads are pretty hefty, looks even bigger due to the smaller form case too. It's a shame they're so much faff to orientate inside a case though without something getting in the way. My Phanteks is too big to mount the rad on the intake, so has to sit at the top where heat rises. Thankfully the fans make all the difference though.

Once you go AIO, you'll never look back at regular coolers again!

Back
Top Bottom