• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Caporegime
Strix with that £100+ premium. If you want a budget Asus you will have to go peasantry with the Tuf cards.

Asus have seen what other brands were pricing at to test the waters then stuck the boot in. If these prices were supposodly so up in the air then why even list them? Makes no sense and just gets the forums fuming seeing unreleased products get priced higher on a whim.

Soldato
Who are you kidding, guy will go AWOL after a few weeks like they always do :D

Just being up-front, utterly shocking reputation.

I mean i have personally experienced it myself and won't buy from them. (R4X motherboard died) like died a death after being stable for about 3 months. Refused warranty as the idiot of a tech that i spoke to was concerned that the bios didn't have support for the cpu i had ( it did )..

But i would still be nice to them.

Soldato
Asus have seen what other brands were pricing at to test the waters then stuck the boot in. If these prices were supposodly so up in the air then why even list them? Makes no sense and just gets the forums fuming seeing unreleased products get priced higher on a whim.

Yeah well, it was on my shortlist and now it isn't. Simple as that. Not like there isn't lots of other choice anyway in this release.

Soldato
Who are you kidding, guy will go AWOL after a few weeks like they always do :D

Just being up-front, utterly shocking reputation.

Came in like a wrecking ball !

Your right, past Asus boys have been aweful !
Think EVGA Ben got delt a bad hand and was ripped apart on here . MSI, always pop up before they have a cashback deal and take a while to pay...

Laptops though... So many reps from half way across the world for differing manufacturers... Haha

Soldato
I mean i have personally experienced it myself and won't buy from them. (R4X motherboard died) like died a death after being stable for about 3 months. Refused warranty as the idiot of a tech that i spoke to was concerned that the bios didn't have support for the cpu i had ( it did )..

But i would still be nice to them.

One good rep can undo a lot of damage . But if they are limited to just GPU as the little ... Will have a running battle as I don't think mobo offer the same RMA and based in EU .
Now to see if they are brave and give out a personal email contact...

Associate
aftermarket cards look like cheap junk, think I would go Nvidia FE and skip all the yoyo prices thats going to happen not to mention the long delays and set backs that usually happen every launch with AIB, FE is meant to be a lot better at cooling and quieter then previous versions, also everyone knows FE cards have the best silicone :)

Associate
Seems that a lot of people are buying into the whole, 2080ti is useless now, I'm hoping that this makes new, last 2080ti stock cheaper, around £900 would be appealing as outside of the 3090 it's still going to be the top card out of the RTX 20 and 30 line apart from the 3090. The 3070 I feel is going to be around a 2080 at a more appealing price despite what some figures look on paper and the 3080 is going somewhere between a 2080s and 2080ti, more closer to the 2080S in performance. Nvidia are not stupid, they've got a lot of stock of the 20 line to get rid of, this isn't going to be the jump people think it is outside of the 3090 but lets see what reviews say when they start pouring in.

I'll be eyeing up the EVGA 3080 though. If it's around 10% improvement I'll prob leave it.

Soldato
Seems that a lot of people are buying into the whole, 2080ti is useless now, I'm hoping that this makes new, last 2080ti stock cheaper, around £900 would be appealing as outside of the 3090 it's still going to be the top card out of the RTX 20 and 30 line apart from the 3090. The 3070 I feel is going to be around a 2080 at a more appealing price despite what some figures look on paper and the 3080 is going somewhere between a 2080s and 2080ti, more closer to the 2080S in performance. Nvidia are not stupid, they've got a lot of stock of the 20 line to get rid of, this isn't going to be the jump people think it is outside of the 3090 but lets see what reviews say when they start pouring in.

I'll be eyeing up the EVGA 3080 though. If it's around 10% improvement I'll prob leave it.

I think at this stage there is no doubt whether the 3080 will beat the 2080ti. Even on paper the specs beat it in every way. At worst it will be slightly better. But it will likely be somewhat better.

Soldato

Erm lol

Associate
Am going with a 3090 after a few reviews are out , as like all ways there will be a ti or super off the 3070 and 3080 in like 6 months, cannot see the 3090 getting a ti or super .....

I would get the Founders Edition 3090 , but my head is saying the cooling fan at back is going to blow LOADS of hot air at my cpu and MB ...... could be wrong ....

Associate
I think at this stage there is no doubt whether the 3080 will beat the 2080ti. Even on paper the specs beat it in every way. At worst it will be slightly better. But it will likely be somewhat better.

Nvidia would be idiots to have a £650 card completely ruin what left of the 2080ti sales. I'm just not seeing it I think this is going to be a case where on paper doesn't tell the whole story but if I'm wrong, no bother I'll just grab the 3080 anyway haha. I'll prob have to upgrade my board and processor too, I've rinsed this processor and it's been stupid value so hoping I'd get away with it for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom