Looking for a coffee grinder

Caporegime
Sorry, I'm not helping much here. :o

It's for filter, we use a Ninja machine just now with some filter coffee and I'd like to try something with beans as I recall it being fresher and nicer when I had one in the past.

Actually, maybe espresso could be nicer, did you have anything in mind?

Just saw the espresso bit, if its for both then you generally need to spend a little more to widen the use. Most filter only grinder cost less.

Caporegime
Ok I'll stick with filter.

Thanks for replies, I'll do some reading. :)

There are some £100 grinders that can do both, they would work for the purpose and if you put in nice beans, it will be nice enough, compared to what you are used from pre-ground. The rule of diminishing returns do kick in though, when you are at like £300 range it's where the curve really tapers off.

Soldato
I'm still undecided on what grinder to get, but on my search I've discovered the Aeropress, which I bought to try yesterday.

Impressive :)

Providing you use the inverted brew method the results from an aeropress consistently make fantastic coffee which is impressive for such a cheap gadget! So good I bought 2 in fact!

I probably need to buy a grinder to up my coffee game but I think a cheaper hand one would be more in keeping with my budget. Anything out there that would work well with an aeropress without breaking the bank?

Associate
We've had this Bodum one for the past few years and it works well. Use it for filter coffee. Decent burr grinder, easy to clean.

Associate
If your going for one purely for filter coffee I can recommend this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melitta-67...=melitta+coffee+grinder&qid=1599075683&sr=8-1

The main reason I went for it was for ease of cleaning and although I dont have anything to compare it to (bar a very cheap electric blade grinder which this is much better than) I'm off the opinion it does a very good job. The ease of cleaning for me comes from the fact the scale on the bottom is sized to perfectly fit this on it;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melitta-67...2&sr=1-1-95fb4f3c-fa15-48dc-bab1-67b29ab0ca13

This means you can place your standard paper filter in the plastic holder, place the holder and filter on the scale together, hit the "tare" button on the unit to zero the scale, then grind the weight of coffee you want directly into the paper filter, held in the pour over thing for you. You then just transfer the paper filter complete with ground coffee into your filter machine. No need to clean a pot everyime, no issues with static etc, and just a nice relaible coffee.

I'm a pure black filter drinker myself so its perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom