Russians Do Love a Cuppa

Commissario
You're sounding very cynical Stockhausen, I mean I'm sure that Putin is appalled, Appalled! I say, to hear that another one of his critics and political opponents got attacked with a nerve poison that is tied directly to the Russian government and secret services.
I mean next thing you'll be suggesting that it's unusual for people to get poisoned with radioactive substances that cost millions to make and have a half life of days/weeks, or that there is something unusual in the spate of defenestrations people falling out of sealed windows (sometimes complete with piano) after speaking up about lovable Vladimir.

Soldato
I have no doubt that Putin is appalled, will hunt down the guilty parties, deal severely with them and ensure that nothing like this ever happens again . . . . . . or not :rolleyes:

he should be appalled that they didn't do the job properly, target is still breathing, FSB losing its touch. If this was a Mossad operation the target would already be in a diplomatic bag. Maybe they will get it right 3rd time around

Caporegime
he should be appalled that they didn't do the job properly, target is still breathing, FSB losing its touch. If this was a Mossad operation the target would already be in a diplomatic bag. Maybe they will get it right 3rd time around

I think these are failures, Putin is sending a message to individuals all over the World what happens to you if you undermine him or the Russian Government.

Soldato
That's 2 failed poisonings now, that are known about, I wonder if Vlad is considering to just use a nuke next time, after all.... it's the only way to be sure

Caporegime
It hasn't failed though has it? The West is doing nothing about it and it continues to remind his people that at any moment they could be sipping their last beverage.

Fear is more important to these criminals than actual violence. Especially since there comes a point when the violence stops working and eventually gets a reaction, which is a chaotic situation that is best avoided by dictators.

Soldato
It hasn't failed though has it? The West is doing nothing about it and it continues to remind his people that at any moment they could be sipping their last beverage.

Fear is more important to these criminals than actual violence. Especially since there comes a point when the violence stops working and eventually gets a reaction, which is a chaotic situation that is best avoided by dictators.

What should we do?

Capodecina
Soldato

It rather reminds one of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud, another psychopath and very important financier of Great Britain who must never be upset in any circumstances :rolleyes:

Caporegime
What should we do?

Blocking Russia's access through the English channel, the Bosporus and the Baltic Sea would be a start, admitting Ukraine into NATO would be nice and actively forcing Belerus to choose between Russia and the rest of Europe would be a bonus.

We're incentivising their belligerence when we do nothing, it's time to stop being a bunch of beta simps to Putin.

Caporegime
You're sounding very cynical Stockhausen, I mean I'm sure that Putin is appalled, Appalled! I say, to hear that another one of his critics and political opponents got attacked with a nerve poison that is tied directly to the Russian government and secret services.
I mean next thing you'll be suggesting that it's unusual for people to get poisoned with radioactive substances that cost millions to make and have a half life of days/weeks, or that there is something unusual in the spate of defenestrations people falling out of sealed windows (sometimes complete with piano) after speaking up about lovable Vladimir.

Rubbish, everyone knows that this kind of loyalty is rewarded with a nice all inclusive trip to Salisbury Cathedral.

Soldato

If the intent was to kill him, then yes it has failed, or do you think Vlad would be like "When you get the chance could you maybe possibly kill this guy for me please ? Doesn't matter if you don't, just try okay?" to his minions ?

Makes Russia look incompetent if they keep trying to kill people but failing

Caporegime
Moral of the story.. don't be part of the political opposition in Russia. Or Saudi. Or China. Or NK. Or a lot of African countries. Or ...

Associate
Yeah it is a big question that "What should we do"?

IMHO, nothing ... thats the worst of all. Doing nowt while a bully runs all over causing havoc and throwing his weight around is absurd and will eventually come back to bite us - but what can the west actually get away with?

Well,
1 I would take the sanctions to the max - a bit like the old days east v's west. No one does business with them until Putin and his big stick are shoved where they belong. Thats not only for technology but gas, oil ect.. yes its going to cause us issues but its going to be a hard slog anyway.
2 Bolster the eastern European countries defensive and offensive power. Russia doesnt like nato being too close to them, so cautiously add more support to those countries trying to back away from Putin. This has to be carefully done, not just drop a **** tone of weapons and men there but done quietly.
3 Cut them off from the Internet. Ok not that easy but could be done. I dont like using the web as a battleground but it already is weaponized with so many hacks and problems from Russia and China already that just making it hard for those countries to take part in the global internet could be a big FU to there recent trouble causing crap dished out to many countries around the world.

Will the above get rid of Putin, prob not. Will it **** off his people (and china's too if need be) - ohh yes. I think the answer to bully's like Putin has to come from within there own country anyway.
Could it lead to war, yes but it prob wont - even a nutter like Putin wouldnt want an armed escalation over a few heavy sanctions and access to the internet properly. Putting more troops near the borders might so it would need a soft hand.

But politicians are saps and nothing will be done with this git. He and others like him will continue to act like total ass's while he gets away with ... murder...

Soldato
He could've been acting as a foreign agent for Germany for all we know, nobody really knows what goes on in intelligence circles. The NHS refuses foreign treatment of innocent babies claiming it knows best doesn't it? are we in any position to criticise?

Honestly Putin...put the vodka down.

Soldato
Blocking Russia's access through the English channel, the Bosporus and the Baltic Sea would be a start, admitting Ukraine into NATO would be nice and actively forcing Belerus to choose between Russia and the rest of Europe would be a bonus.

We're incentivising their belligerence when we do nothing, it's time to stop being a bunch of beta simps to Putin.

You should work for the CIA that's exactly their type of strategy.

Soldato
What should we do?

Use the Magnitsky Act and sanction Putin's money men hard. Hit him where it hurts him most in his wallet and their ability to travel. But without the US I doubt we'll do anything and Trump wouldn't dare sanction Putin's money. He was asked about it tonight in an interview and surprise surprise he punted the question. Can't be upsetting Vlad when he needs him for the Nov election.

Back
Top Bottom