Mortal Shell: 18th August (release date trailer)

Soldato
Anybody tried this, reviews seem good but the more I read the less impressive it seems given it's shorter than ds games and seems to lack enemy variety?

So I've just finished the campaign in the game today and being a Souls veteran I felt right at home and enjoyed my time immensely with the game.

Beginning to end for me looking at my time spent in Epic Game Store it was done and dusted at 10hrs and 40minutes. I also managed to do the main quest in what seems to have been out of order so when it came to the final section I mainly cruised through there and that boss and onto the final boss fight.

Graphically I think the game looks stunning in parts, runs extremely well and I had it set at a constant 120fps throughout my playthrough.

There certainly isn't a lack of enemy variety in my eyes considering the size of the game and there's plenty of charm and challenge in there. Some sections in typical DS fashion were fairly challenging and I really enjoyed the combat loop with strike/harden/parry. I think given it's £24.99 I'd say it's a fair price and I think the mileage you get will certainly be up to how well you took on the DS franchise of games but I honestly really enjoyed it more than I thought I would initially. The positive reviews made my mind up and it certainly scratched that itch for me.

Soldato
If you like Dark Souls games then you will love this game too. Not as big and complex as DS games but still decent enough to play. Was really struggling with the starting area, but once you get few shell upgrades and then you figure out that you can actually improve weapon damage the game becomes much easier. 2nd half of the game was not difficult at all once I figured out combat and hardened ability :)

Would say 7/10 and definitely worth playing if you can pick this up cheap.

Back
Top Bottom