NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I dont think the 3080 FE is as large as the 3090 being dual slot and a little longer than Turing FE. I thought before the 30xx FE might be a good match for this case with its airflow split between out the bracket end and up towards the top mounted fans.
As zen3 still seems a way off for a new CPU/MB build, I might just transplant existing MB and drives to this case with a 3080 and new PSU in the interim. Hopefully modular PSUs like the Corsair SFX will bring out the 12 pin to keep the wiring around PSU and GPU area neater.

Soldato
So far in my wishlist build
Nr200p white vented side panel
Scythe big shuriken 3 with noctua fan
Ryzen 4900x if it's no more that £550.
Gigabyte 550x or 670/650 boards if they exist.
32gb memory 8 pack
3070 or 3060 card
2tb m.2

Associate
why nividia why!
vertical gpu rip with that cooling design
hopefully third party cards come with the normal 3 fans design
They already do, although they all look really beefy at (at least visually) seem at least 2.5 slot even if the bracket is 2 slot. It will be interesting to see the compatibility of these models with (what may have to be slim) bottom case fans.

Associate
I ordered the fuma 2 and its coming tomorrow
kind of regretting it
you see, I have the p version i wanna use the tempered glass but what confusing is that for some mb like asus b450i and gigabyte x570i the tg panel fits just fine while on the gigabyte b550i aorus pro it doesn't!
and also
gigabyte rtx3000 and asus all have an opening at the top which allow the hot air to go to the cpu cooler
I regret everything :(
there are sooooooo much limitations and compromises

Associate
@Darren_uk
Looking at those legs it keep reminds me to this build :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/hghdgt/the_collections_is_growing/

7n70zescxb751.jpg

Soldato
I'm puzzled how the ventilation on the top of the new NVidia cards is anything other than a good thing?! Current style cards end up having to squeeze the air out of the slimmer ends of the cards that blow out sideways with normal orientation or up+down with a vertical orientation. The new design will vent a bunch of heat out of the back of the case, with the front fan pushing air through into the rest of the case. I'd say that's excellent news for a horizontal mount GPU in this case (as it'll go straight up past the PSU and be vented out the top fans), and if mounting vertically it'll push the air straight into the area the top fans are sucking from, straight out of the case. If you are mounting your GPU vertically in this case you're almost certainly running with an AIO on your CPU in the bottom of the case away from any air from the GPU.
Unless AMD bring something excellent to the table, I think I'll be getting a 3070/3080 in a horizontal orientation for my build!

Associate
I ordered the fuma 2 and its coming tomorrow
kind of regretting it
you see, I have the p version i wanna use the tempered glass but what confusing is that for some mb like asus b450i and gigabyte x570i the tg panel fits just fine while on the gigabyte b550i aorus pro it doesn't!
and also
gigabyte rtx3000 and asus all have an opening at the top which allow the hot air to go to the cpu cooler
I regret everything :(
there are sooooooo much limitations and compromises
I'm not sure but my understanding is that the diff between the cooler position is closeness to the card edge so this becomes "higher" and "lower" because the m/b is vertical. With the B550i Aorus the cooler is possibly closer to the top of the case than the Asus for example and therefore closer to the top mount 25mm fans but there's still room AFAIK
I dont think there can be a difference in "height" up from the m/b and therefore no diff in allowing or not allowing TG with a fuma or U12
Although the asus has VRM fan and type C header I'm still thinking of the Aorus for this case when the zen3 arrives

Also as posted above the clarity of airflow with the FE is a good thing (out through the bracket end and out the back) Although the internet worries its heading for the CPU cooler the heat has to go somewhere with any GPU. For this case it's especially positive because if the GPU is horizontal the hot air will be travelling upwards in the case towards the top fans exactly as CM design.

Associate
Also as posted above the clarity of airflow with the FE is a good thing (out through the bracket end and out the back) Although the internet worries its heading for the CPU cooler the heat has to go somewhere with any GPU. For this case it's especially positive because if the GPU is horizontal the hot air will be travelling upwards in the case towards the top fans exactly as CM design.

Yeah I'm liking the Nvidia FE cooler design for cases like ours. I think people are really focusing on the below pic from Nvidia and are screaming "All that warm air going to the CPU!"....but that is literally what is happening with current non-blower designs of GPUs. The Nvidia one is like a hybrid blower/air cooler. At least it gets rid of a good portion of the warm air directly out the rear.

960x0.jpg

Current Air flow with GPUs:
B0zO1qm.jpg

If you put the Nvidia Hybrid FE style:
7LWSJVH.jpg

If you use the Nvidia AND Flip the CPU cooler to take cool air form the rear:
zyVUwxC.jpg

As you can see the current airflow (#1) the CPU is getting warm air from the GPU and the GPU fan closest to the rear is blowing directly at the CPU cooler.

With #2, at least the 'rear' GPU fan no longer blows the warm air at the CPU cooler but instead out the rear. The CPU is still getting warm GPU air from the 'front' GPU fan.

With #3 the air flows are pretty separated. The CPU gets fresh cool air from the rear, no warm gpu air. This is the path I'm choosing even without the new Nvidia Cooler....as my Nvidia 1080 is a blower style card anyways haha.

I'm looking forward to getting a 3080 despite wishing it had 12 or 16gb of ram. But it should still be a decent upgrade from my 1080. Granted I'm only doing 1440p gaming. None of this 4k/8k stuff.

The big hiccup for me is....my NR200P hasn't shipped...AND its impossible to find a Corsair SFX 750 PSU at the moment.

Associate
Yeah I'm liking the Nvidia FE cooler design for cases like ours. I think people are really focusing on the below pic from Nvidia and are screaming "All that warm air going to the CPU!"....but that is literally what is happening with current non-blower designs of GPUs. The Nvidia one is like a hybrid blower/air cooler. At least it gets rid of a good portion of the warm air directly out the rear.

960x0.jpg

Current Air flow with GPUs:
B0zO1qm.jpg

If you put the Nvidia Hybrid FE style:
7LWSJVH.jpg

If you use the Nvidia AND Flip the CPU cooler to take cool air form the rear:
zyVUwxC.jpg

As you can see the current airflow (#1) the CPU is getting warm air from the GPU and the GPU fan closest to the rear is blowing directly at the CPU cooler.

With #2, at least the 'rear' GPU fan no longer blows the warm air at the CPU cooler but instead out the rear. The CPU is still getting warm GPU air from the 'front' GPU fan.

With #3 the air flows are pretty separated. The CPU gets fresh cool air from the rear, no warm gpu air. This is the path I'm choosing even without the new Nvidia Cooler....as my Nvidia 1080 is a blower style card anyways haha.

I'm looking forward to getting a 3080 despite wishing it had 12 or 16gb of ram. But it should still be a decent upgrade from my 1080. Granted I'm only doing 1440p gaming. None of this 4k/8k stuff.

The big hiccup for me is....my NR200P hasn't shipped...AND its impossible to find a Corsair SFX 750 PSU at the moment.

thank you mate!
but the 3 I think you will pull that hot air of gpu back!

Back
Top Bottom