• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1 make of RTX 3080 vs another??

Associate
I'm looking at the RTX3080's on the OC site and find myself curious about the price range, the cheapest is £639 vs the most expensive at £829!! (current prices, I know they may change prior to actual launch) Now I know the most expensive will have a manufacturer OC on it (plus it has a 3year warranty vs a 2 year one) but is it really worth £190 more than the cheaper??

I haven't mentioned makers names as Im not sure I'm allowed.

Man of Honour
I haven't looked too much but you tend to find there's a sweet spot somewhere around the center where manufacturers put good quality hardware (power delivery, cooling) together with a warranty that isn't too short, and that's where you want to hit ideally. Asus "tend" to be some of the best in recent years, and good lord do you pay for it, however (anecdotally, not done proper research) even their 5700 cards were recently plagued with a heatsink that didn't touch certain parts of the card it was supposed to... So trust nothing until you see reviews and the cards have been in circulation for at least a few weeks.

Associate
Its always been this way regardless of product range or manufactures.

Warranty Period as you mentioned can be a big thig
RMA Location - Some UK Based, some Europe, Some Other side of world.
Use of Stock VS Custom PCBs in the design
Cost of coolers an how effective Noise/Temperatures

Associate
This is the first year I've been tempted to buy a Founders Edition as the cooling solution looks so much better.

If the results / benchmarks come in showing a huge increase in temps I'd probably go with Zotac (warranty is usually one of the longest) or Asus (usually is good quality / I prefer the aesthetics).

Nvidia have definitely got me hyped. Finally a good upgrade from my 1080ti. :D

GAC

GAC

Soldato
This is the first year I've been tempted to buy a Founders Edition as the cooling solution looks so much better.

this for me, they look like they have really gone all out to improve the cooling. also the combined blower and through card cooling could be handy to save having to run extra fans on a case, plus you get the add air flow over vrms and memory on the motherboard from that through fan config.

Soldato
I'm waiting to see the reviews and benchmarks of the 3080's before making my choice as to which one to get.

My EVGA 1080ti FTW3 has provided sterling service, but it's struggling now running an Index at decent detail rates in sims.

As has been said on here, finally there's something worth upgrading to from the 1080ti.

Depreciation isn't an issue for me as I pass down my old PC hardware to my daughter. She's now looking forward to getting my 1080ti.:D

Associate
Pretty sure I'll go for the Founders edition (for the cooling and the price) or the EVGA (for the transferable warranty).

Pretty certain a lot of people including me will be selling it on in a few months and buying the TI/super/whatever they call the 20gig ram version, so want the least depreciation possible over that time and can see what the reviews say about the AIB cooling solutions and pick which brand I go for TI-wise on that basis...

Back
Top Bottom