• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
I think they're just orders. Isn't that the date they start to ship?
Since they are technically released on those days, you are right. There are no pre orders, just orders from that time.

Depends how much stock comes in by that date and how fast they sell. I can see some popular brands might become preorder within minutes.

Plus I cant see every model from every manufacturer being available right from day 1. EVGA are normally quite slow with their FTW and hydro copper cards and they tend to follow weeks after the more vanilla cards.

Soldato
The 3090 does not have the price tag of a Titan and they are positioning it as a pure gaming GPU unlike the Titan.

No they're not, it's still positioned largely as a workhorse card for content creation and the like. The "8K gaming" stuff was a total gimmick.

Jensen repeatedly referred to the 3080 as the "flagship" card.

Caporegime
No they're not, it's still positioned largely as a workhorse card for content creation and the like. The "8K gaming" stuff was a total gimmick.

Jensen repeatedly referred to the 3080 as the "flagship" card.

He referred to it as the flagship before introducing the 3090 from the oven. I think it was part of the act...

The only thing that positions the 3090 as a workhorse card would be the price. If nVidia really wanted to position it as such it would have a different naming convention. It's a gaming card for those who want the very best.

Caporegime
He referred to it as the flagship before introducing the 3090 from the oven. I think it was part of the act...

The only thing that positions the 3090 as a workhorse card would be the price. If nVidia really wanted to position it as such it would have a different naming convention. It's a gaming card for those who want the very best.
To me, the announcing of the 3080 as the "flagship" is clearly because they want it to represent the high-end of gaming in the mind's eye of the userbase. The 3090 is being marketed as a niche product, something that is in price and performance terms individual and seperate from the main gaming lineup that fulfils not only a gaming role but also professional content creation and science work.

Soldato
Looking at the Zotac 3080 for £650 for me, my daughter is getting my 1080ti god bless it and my other daughter is getting a vega 56.

Will be left with a Radeon 570 4gb as the plastic pig if the others fail!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

1+

It’s just clever marketing.

Associate
Any idea when current 20xx models will start to drop in price on the Nvidia website. Outgoing models are still full price on the website and more expensive than the new ones.

Back
Top Bottom