BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I would set some time aside to hook the Smart Hub 2 back up and leave it overnight, factory reset it and wait until the firmware upgrades itself to something starting 0.17, just so if you blow your Netgate box up in future you can swap something else in and have it work.

Yeah, I'm going to give it another go. it had got the .17 firmware and I gave it a few factory resets but the upload remained capped. To be honest, I was a bit impatient, but I'll try again. It was easier for the wife to know if there was an issue :p.

Soldato
What's the difference between the 2 ONT's ? Nokia and what's the other one ?

Main difference is the new Nokia ONT is capable of 10Gb symmetrical. So very, very future proof lol.

It’s more the result of Huawei kit being limited, that it encouraged Openreach to explore other suppliers and solutions which is great imo.

Associate
BTO are back in my street.

They are hooking us up today so should be live by this evening... now just gotta wait for the pen pushers to update the back end so I can place an order.

Caporegime
If you've been moved to Digital Voice you won't be able to get your phone working with anything other than the BT Smart Hub 2.

Caporegime
You can use another phone, but you have to use the Smart Hub.

The WPS button is just a way of pairing the DECT handsets to the hub, it's got nothing to do with the voice service. The voice service terminates on the Smart Hub 2, and then is presented through the DECT base station to the BT handsets that are provided with the service, and out of the telephone socket on the back of the Hub. There is no way to use a third party router and use Digital Voice.

Associate
Order placed.

Managed to get 130 quidco cashback tracked and a provisional date for 30th September

anyone else ordered from BT and managed to get the install quicker?

Soldato
I've got the 910/110 fibre from BT but the home hub wifi just can't handle the download speed so I'm looking at upgrading to a wifi 6 setup instead of punching holes through all of my walls.

Has anyone done this with BT before in regards to swapping out the router for something else and if so, how easy is it? Do I need to get hold or some sort of login details to enter in to the new kit or what?

Also, anyone have a good recommendation for a wifi 6 router and also pcie card?

Back
Top Bottom