Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Soldato
Honestly, I think both g-sync and freesync implementations are far from perfect. The fact that this infamous flickering symptom is so inconsistent and happens with some panels, some games, and some GPUs proves there's still a lot about Freesync and G-sync that needs to be improved.

Yes, unfortunately I think you're right. Hopefully, the new panels improve as the freesync/g-sync/firmware matures
Strange one this, have to report it incase anyone else experiences it.

Installed the latest drivers from nvidia and im getting the weird flickering but only just noticeable and is very easily missed.

Rolled back to 451.01 and flickerings gone, seems to me thats its also driver related and not just firmware as you've mentioned.

LRT

LRT

Associate
Strange one this, have to report it incase anyone else experiences it.

Installed the latest drivers from nvidia and im getting the weird flickering but only just noticeable and is very easily missed.

Rolled back to 451.01 and flickerings gone, seems to me thats its also driver related and not just firmware as you've mentioned.

Well, this just confirms what I wrote earlier:
(...) I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that it's something to do with AMD drivers instead or the way the Low Frame Compensation is handled.

Just have had a look at AMD driver release notes for various versions and issues reported via AMD forums and there's all sorts of issues with flickering involved. Given the fact the symptom happens only when Freesync is enabled I say we spike AMD with queries via AMD reporting tool https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt . I, for one, believe issues such as this won't fix themselves and need to be fed back to AMD and iiyama (who hopefully can report this to AMD as well).

EDIT: I've just used the AMD bug reporting tool via Radeon Software, very straightforward process. I urge other AMD users to do the same. Not sure if this helps Nvidia users though.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, this just confirms what I wrote earlier:

EDIT: I've just used the AMD bug reporting tool via Radeon Software, very straightforward process. I urge other AMD users to do the same. Not sure if this helps Nvidia users though.

Good idea, I've done the same.

Soldato
Tried project cars 3 yesterday, was getting constant flickering in the game menu's with freesync enabled. Changed a few settings in the game and i managed to bring the flickering to almost zero (No monitor settings were adjusted, just in game settings). Seems to reappear briefly when i alt tab out and back in game. No flickering while in game though, just in the menu sections. This is back on nvidias latest driver and not the rolled back 451.01 as i've yet to test on the previous drivers.

Associate
I can notice very slight flickering with very back bagrounds but only when I work remotely via Citrix which often feeds less than 20 frames per seconds. I haven't noticed any flickering while gaming and definitely no line across the screen which seems to be far more annoying looking at the video you uploaded. The latter symptom is quite an issue I think, I think you might need to feed back this issue to iiyama. Have you tried a different cable by any chance?

Also, what GPU have you got?
I tried a new DisplayPort cable over the weekend which has definitely helped. Now I can only notice the slight flickering at the start of my video. I haven't experienced any of the lines across the screen yet.

I was using the cable provided with the monitor but have upgraded this to a Club3D cable.

Soldato
I reckon with the new settings the game generates higher FPS (like in my case)...or did the flickering become lower due to a specific video setting?
For me on project cars 3 i lowered the hz value for the resolution setting down to 99hz which was more in line with what i was getting fps wise. Again monitor settings was still set to 144hz and freesync enabled. The only time i get this flickering is on the menu's and never while in game.

I tried a new DisplayPort cable over the weekend which has definitely helped. Now I can only notice the slight flickering at the start of my video. I haven't experienced any of the lines across the screen yet.

I was using the cable provided with the monitor but have upgraded this to a Club3D cable.

Whats the support on the newer cable you used, is it 1.4? Im not even sure what mine is, it was one i dug out from a box of spares. I will try a newer cable to see if that helps, ordered one off the rainforest site recently but yet to try it. Supposedly supports dp 1.4.

Associate
Whats the support on the newer cable you used, is it 1.4? Im not even sure what mine is, it was one i dug out from a box of spares. I will try a newer cable to see if that helps, ordered one off the rainforest site recently but yet to try it. Supposedly supports dp 1.4.
Yes, it was a 1.4 cable.

Soldato
1.4 cable fixed some of the issues, almost eliminated the flickering now in load screens. Had a noob moment and wondered why there was no change, looked in the OSD on the monitor and saw it was still in 1.2 mode, so switched it to 1.4.

However im getting insane flickering in Photoshop, it's like a continuous random flicker and the app moves around very slow if i drag it with the mouse. If i click off the app, it stops. If i turn off freesync the flickering goes away.

Not sure if this is settings/driver related or the panel, need to do more testing. Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: Sent a form off to iiyama requesting a firmware update - home visit if possible as i don't have a spare to go by while its gone.

Last edited:
Associate
1.4 cable fixed some of the issues, almost eliminated the flickering now in load screens. Had a noob moment and wondered why there was no change, looked in the OSD on the monitor and saw it was still in 1.2 mode, so switched it to 1.4.
How do you change the mode to 1.4? I can see the options, but they're greyed out for me.

Associate
Hello All,

I recently purchased my monitor and as my first ultrawide monitor, I am certainly in awe!

I have been reading through the thread, and I was wondering what settings people recommended changing for the best experience?

I am currently running a GTX 970 on NVIDIA 452.06 Driver. I have also purchased a 1.4DP Cable from Club3D to ensure best performance, and this should arrive tomorrow.

I have changed the monitor to 144Hz and Switched Freesync on, but was unsure whether to switch on HDR and Direct Drive Mode.

Advice on software changes/colour calibration would be very much appreciated, as it certainly is not my forte! I notice the monitor has a slight tint and lack of sharpness at this stage, but I am sure that can be adjusted with some settings I am missing. Luckily, I have no flickering as of yet.

Apologies for the long post.

Best.

Associate
I am currently running a GTX 970 on NVIDIA 452.06 Driver. I have also purchased a 1.4DP Cable from Club3D to ensure best performance, and this should arrive tomorrow.

I have changed the monitor to 144Hz and Switched Freesync on, but was unsure whether to switch on HDR and Direct Drive Mode.
Don't know if you are aware but the GTX 970 has no support for Freesync: Only Nvidia 10 series and newer cards support it.

Associate
Don't know if you are aware but the GTX 970 has no support for Freesync: Only Nvidia 10 series and newer cards support it.

Yes - aware of the GTX 970 limitation and hopefully that should be resolved when I pick up a 3080!

I was more interested in what people feel the optimum Brightness/Contrast/RGB/Gamma etc. settings are. I have moved from a Korean QNIX IPS monitor, so it would be nice to ensure I have set up the monitor to the best of its ability before I start gaming on the monitor.

Associate
I sourced mine from elsewhere after contacting Iiyama directly and asked who had a recent shipment with the correct firmware.

Arrived, all plugged in and working with the latest firmware. I must say this monitor is spot on. I'm not using for gaming however I wanted an Ultrawide for single monitor work setup. This ticks the boxes for me.

Soldato
I sourced mine from elsewhere after contacting Iiyama directly and asked who had a recent shipment with the correct firmware.

Arrived, all plugged in and working with the latest firmware. I must say this monitor is spot on. I'm not using for gaming however I wanted an Ultrawide for single monitor work setup. This ticks the boxes for me.
I noticed today when i go into freesync mode it displays "Freesync Premium SDR", does yours say this? My splash screen however is still the old one... contacted iiyama via the webform but no reply yet still, been a few days already.

Associate
I noticed today when i go into freesync mode it displays "Freesync Premium SDR", does yours say this? My splash screen however is still the old one... contacted iiyama via the webform but no reply yet still, been a few days already.

This was what I received from them to verify it has the latest firmware.

EFp1f9m.png

Back
Top Bottom