How long do you bother 'return to sender' tagging mail for previous owners?

Soldato
I've been in my house over 5 years and I STILL get mail for the 2 previous owners sometimes. I put a whole pile back in the post (about 6 months worth lol) but they still come.

Soldato
We have been in this house 3 years and still get stuff for the previous owners. They only live a short way away so every so often pop it in their postbox where we pass. Some looks too be bank letters and pensions stuff.

The has previously been rented out and still get the odds piece for two ex-tenants - just mark no longer at this address, return to sender but is getting a little tedious now ...

Soldato
I used to collect it up over a period of a few months then return to sender. Ocassionally even wrote 'Dead' on the front. Still got loads, opened the odd one or two that looked interesting but they weren't. Binned them mostly after a couple of years.

Did once have a guy knock asking if we'd received anything for him which we hadn't, only to receive a CPS court summons (was clear from the envelope) that I rang them and someone collected it.

Soldato
I do this indefinitely, it only takes a second to scribble ‘RTS’ on it and pop it in a postbox next time I’m passing. I would want someone to do the same for me.

I might feel differently if there was still a large quantity after several years in the same place.

Associate
I consider writing "deceased" on it and pop it back in a post box, it's been 3 years now and I still get important mail for the previous owner like payslips and tax statements. Alas, I just file it in the shiny round cabinet on the floor.

Soldato
5 years at this address and I still get mail from a previous owner, including a magazine subscription. I've given up return to sender, did 2 years almost, bought a stamp and everything. It's always the same companies posting stuff, no one gives a toss. I have a box in the hall it all goes in before being chucked in the recycling

Back
Top Bottom