Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Urgh, cooler is upside down.

I believe it's just a sticker, so I probably could peel it off and stick it the right way round - but that's effort! It's behind a non windowed side panel, so I'm not overly fussed.

Its a shame, there simply looks to be no room to mount it the right way round.

Correct, size constraints on the case mean it has to be mounted that way. If I could mount the rad to the front and then the fans inside the case then it may have been possible, but the rad is slightly too long to accommodate that due to the front panel IO.

That seems like a beastly rad for a CPU

280mm rad, on a 9600k :)

Soldato
Some LED Smart GU10s

IMG-20200903-160720-01.jpg

And new carpet for the new bedroom :D

IMG-20200903-160259.jpg

IMG-20200903-160252.jpg

IMG-20200903-160238.jpg

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Some spare valves for my amps. New old stock Mullard EF86 pentodes and GE military issue 6CG7/6FQ7 double triodes as I had no spares in case of failure.

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Ooh, let me know how you get on with them. I'd love some in the kitchen, but we have 35 spotlights in there and i can't stomach £800 on Hue bulbs!

If you already have a Hue bridge you can buy the Ikea Tradfri GU10 bulbs and pair them with it, they will work in all the existing apps you have. They're half the price and 400w vs the 250w of the hue ones :)

Soldato
If you already have a Hue bridge you can buy the Ikea Tradfri GU10 bulbs and pair them with it, they will work in all the existing apps you have. They're half the price and 400w vs the 250w of the hue ones :)

Cheers. I have considered them too. I'm sad though and like the idea of colours aswell and i think the Tradfi is only white.

Not sure when i'd ever use anything other than White but good to have the option!

Soldato
Cheers. I have considered them too. I'm sad though and like the idea of colours aswell and i think the Tradfi is only white.

Not sure when i'd ever use anything other than White but good to have the option!
I thought that and bought a lot of colour bulbs. As long as they do different shades of white you'll be ok, we never use the colour functions.

Pho

Pho

Soldato

They're shades of white so you can go from pretty yellow up to clinical white. I use normal coloured bulbs in the rest of the house but for the kitchen figured that was enough.

Maybe you could do coloured led strips under counters or something as a compromise?

:eek: Burning holes in your ceiling much?

Oh it's lumens, those are the ones where more is betterer :D

Oops, they're like 5w :D

Soldato
Ooh, let me know how you get on with them. I'd love some in the kitchen, but we have 35 spotlights in there and i can't stomach £800 on Hue bulbs!

Will do - for 35 of these it would be like £250 so a decent saving !

Mr eldest daughter has an Amazon Dot in her bedroom and recently swapped out the main bulb for a Philips hue which came with an echo plus we have and she loves it. She has four spots with GU10s in the ceiling of the dormer in her bedroom and wanted to be able to use the dot to control them but also likes the idea of changing colours / synching to music etc so thought we'd give them a try - look decent for £7.20 a pop !

Soldato
How many switches do you have across them? Easy enough to swap out the switches for Hue enabled devices rather than replacing all the bulbs.

3 switches. None have a neutral (I think) wire and I thought that was a requirement for smart switches?

@{SAS}TB yeah that’d be ideal. We have 8 in the bedroom so could trial them here too if you give the nod before buying 35.

Back
Top Bottom