Need Windows iso....

Commissario
Hi folks,

It's that time again. I need a .iso which I can burn to a disk (yes, seriously) that has the latest version of x64 Windows 10 Professional ONLY on it with UK English.

What hoops do I need to jump through in order to find this from somewhere please? I remember this being a real pain the last time I needed this.

Luckily, unlike last time, it's not a major panic, I don't have a computer in pieces in front of me.

Thanks.

Commissario
OP
if you use the official USB tool there's an option to get the ISO file - that's what I used to get it :)
It's a combined download containing both Windows 10 Home and Professional. I don't want that, I only want Pro on the image.

Quite easy, just go to the official Microsoft download page here
It's a combined download containing both Windows 10 Home and Professional. I don't want that, I only want Pro on the image.

message me via trust and I'll share a link to a en-gb W10 2004 ISO from MSDN on my Google Drive
Thanks, I've got your message but as per above, that looks like a combined image with multiple versions.

Soldato
If using Windows setup to install you can choose the version you need, else using imagex to extract from install.wim

You won't get an ISO with a single version

It's been a while but you can create a txt file named ei.cfg and add the index number of a windows edition, I think Pro is 1, and that's the version it will install. Place the file in the sources folder. The trick back then was to delete the file to "unlock" all editions.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
You won't get an ISO with a single version.
Yes, yes I will, I've been here before :) There's a long thread in here from a few months ago where I had an issue with a system which would only give me Home, no matter what I did or selected. The only fix was an image with just Pro on it which someone on here very kindly helped me with. Hence why I'm asking again.

Soldato
Does your mobo have a digital license for Home? That will skip the option during setup.

I'll share the "business ISO" which will give you a choice and you activate after install

Commissario
OP
Does your mobo have a digital license for Home? That will skip the option during setup.

I'll share the "business ISO" which will give you a choice and you activate after install
The PC was shipped with a Professional licence but after a rebuild, no matter what I did, I couldn't get Pro on it.

Thanks, I've got your second email. I know how it _should_ work but after hours of work, it simply wouldn't. The only way to make it work properly was to use an image with just Professional on it. None of the images with multiple versions would allow me to select the right version or activate the right version afterwards.

Pet Northerner
Don
@Feek are you near a pc? There's a guide on how to rip only the install you want out. Then it would be a case of making the iso from that.

If you don't i don;t mind doing it and hosting the iso somewhere for you

Soldato
@Feek

Was it an autounattend.xml file Vince gave you? That file will skips parts of the setup GUI and install the edition specified.

Try the business ISO, if it doesn't let you select Pro I'll create the XML file

Commissario
OP
If you don't i don;t mind doing it and hosting the iso somewhere for you
I don't have easy access to anything running Windows at the moment so if you could, that would be fantastic, thanks.

Was it an autounattend.xml file Vince gave you? That file will skips parts of the setup GUI and install the edition specified.
Nope, it was an .iso

Soldato
Extracted the Pro edition from the WIM and repackaged the ISO. Uploading to Drive now. @Vince, let me know if you still have the ISO and I'll cancel my upload.

Man of Honour
Extracted the Pro edition from the WIM and repackaged the ISO. Uploading to Drive now. @Vince, let me know if you still have the ISO and I'll cancel my upload.

Mate you crack on.. I just happen to have the 2004 iso and a 1gb line to upload it from :) If you want me to upload I am happy to.

Back
Top Bottom